Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by The old me
"

what a twist

"
Chapter Eight: The Secret
The day started off like it normally did. It seemed like a non important day to the both of them. They were greatly wrong. The day turned into the breaking point of the story between them. Something the woman never wanted to tell the man got told to him. Forever changing the course of "them". Let me stop here and back up to the point of the story where I left off on in the last chapter. A hour of hours after the man and woman were chatting, a new message was waiting the man in this inbox.
The next message the man got wasn't from the woman but from the woman's ex boyfriend the marine.

Marine: She doesn't know I'm doing this cause she fell asleep on my shoulder. This is her ex. I know you've been talking to her a lot... And I know her brothers would back me up on this when I say it would be a good idea for you to back off.

Man:So you want me to back off talking to a friend?

Marine:Please. This is not just friendly talk... You know she's sick right? Has she mentioned her weak heart to you? She's dying. That's why I wanted to marry her out of high school. Have you noticed she sleeps a lot? Or did she say her dad isn't doing to good? That's her excuse to most people for going to the hospital so much.

This floored the man. The woman was dying. The instant shock of that statement stayed with him for awhile. He wasn't sure if it was true or not. He didn't know what to do so he simply told the marine:

Man: I'm just trying to be her friend. I know I couldn't be anything else, shes way much better of a person then I'll ever be. If she wants me to stop talking to her then she can tell me, its not your place to tell me or her what we can do.

Marine: I just don't want her to get hurt.

Both men deeply cared for her. That was last the two men spoke and the next day, the woman sent the man a message.

Woman: I'm sorry. I just fell asleep and... He isn't usually like this. I don't know what to say but I'm sorry...

Man: Its fine, I understand why he did it. All I have to ask is, Do you want me to go?

Woman: I don't know. I don't want anyone new in my life getting too attached. I read what he wrote to you. It's all true. I'm sorry... I didn't think when I met you it would be anything important. I'll let you make the decision to leave or not.

Man: I dont want to leave, I meant everything I ever said to you.

Woman: You know... I really don't ever cry. I am now though. :) It means a lot that you don't want to leave.

Man: I could never leave

Woman: Thanks. As long as you know that I will unwillingly leave pretty soon...

Man:Well for ever how long that is, I will be here for you

Woman: Okay

Man: Can I ask how long?

Woman: Im hoping for my birthday... Or maybe even spring break with dad.

Man:Then lets make it the best time possible then

Woman: I can't do this. It hurts too much. I'm sorry, I never wanted to have you find out like this... I can't have people get closer. Please...

Man: Just please let me be there for you, I want to. I have never been as sure of something in my life. Since I have known you, I have been happy. I have never met such a great person as you. I want to be there for you, please let me.

Woman: It isn't fair to you.

Man: I just I want to be there for you. I know life isn't fair, but my life needs you in it as long as you can. Just please let me be there for you.

The two continued talking for a few more days. Both of their minds were racing about what happened and how they should handle in it. Till one point, the woman decided on what she wanted to do. So she sent him this:

Man-
It took me awhile to figure out what to say... I just want you to know that I love you too in some way. I just can't... I'm sorry. Its just that everyone else here has known about my heart, has known for years and we've had time to figure out what was going to happen when it happened. I wasn't supposed to have others get close to me. So I hope you understand why I had to stop... I won't forget about you either. I suggest you delete everything. A clean start. Someday you will meet a girl perfect for you because you deserve it.
-Woman

The man was crushed. He wasn't sure if he should fight to stay. It was at this moment, when he knew he was in love in with the woman. He couldn't let her go, so he sent her a reply to see if he could save their love:

Dear Woman,
I really don't know where to start or if its even right to reply to this but I don't want to regret not fighting. I know I haven't been prepared to lose someone, I know I wouldn't know what your going through, but all I know, I'm prepared to be here for you if you want me to. You said something about you having to live for two if your with me, don't think that way, I'm prepared and willing to be the one who is the rock, and can hold both people's stress. I understand why you want to stop and I just had to say this cause I couldn't go on with regretting not saying it. So I'm going to be here no matter what, if you don't want to continue talking now, just know if you ever change your mind I will ALWAYS be here for you, no matter what.
-Man

When the woman read this, she cried the hardest she had ever cried before. Every emotion pour out through her tears. She didn't know what she could do. This was the moment when she knew she loved him and wanted to spend her remaining time with him.


© 2011 The old me


Author's Note

The old me
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree with reaper, definitely did not see that coming. now i just want to keep reading! great job so far :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. I didnt see that coming.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awesome twist...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aw D:
Gosh that's terrible, I hope that some miracle happens and she ends up living...

Posted 12 Years Ago


i like it. your plot is really good, i just think it could be improved and more emotional if you went into more detail and used a bit of imagery/metaphor

Posted 12 Years Ago


man, this just gets better!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Totally wicked in a good way!!!! Loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is awesome, can't wait to read more

Posted 13 Years Ago


... wow.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011
Tags: love, hate, secrets


Author

The old me
The old me

Los Angeles, CA



About
If you notice some of my work is gone, that is because it is. I trimed down to put only a few on the site. Message me if you want to know anything about me. I'm an open book more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Five Chapter Five

A Chapter by The old me


Chapter Six Chapter Six

A Chapter by The old me