Chapter Eleven: Blow Me Away

Chapter Eleven: Blow Me Away

A Chapter by Emunah June.

After filling my stomach with a banana and a piece of toast (all of which was promptly thrown up later), I sat down at the table and picked up today's newspaper (surprisingly, Alfons got it himself!) On the front was a picture of a smart looking woman. The headline was big and bold, so of course I wondered what this woman did that got everyone excited.

 

When did women ever get people excited?

....

That was a little sexist wasn't it?

Sure wish I could say I was sorry, but I mean it.

Oh wait, no I don't.

That would be an insult against every woman.

Koda got people excited.

 

Shaking her out of my mind, I opened to the cover story:

 

Thule Society Fails Again!

It's with a heavy heart that we report to you that the Thule Society has hit yet another bump in their research. The leader of the Society, Amelia Eckart, didn't have much to say, other than "We won't let research funds stop our journey."

 

Supposedly, the Thule Society is working on creating a gateway to the ultimate paradise of which they have deemed "Shamballa". They declare that, if given enough research money, they'll take us to Shamballa so we can live peacefully without war. Some skeptics ask if Shamballa even exists. Eckart's response to this is "If we aren't properly funded, you'll never know the answer."

 

The Munich Council is debating whether or not to re-distribute research funds to them.

 

I threw the newspaper on the table, my stomach feeling like it was being turned inside out. I covered my mouth and gagged, but swallowed it as Alfons came into the room. "Next time," he said, pointing to the newspaper, "I won't be so generous." I nod silently, gazing at the paper again. "Who Amelia Eckart?" I ask, and Alfons smiles.

 

"She's our link to ending the war."

 

No, I think to myself.

War never ends.

 

I stand up, bow politely, and then my cheeks puff chalk full of vomit. I run up the stairs, but only make it half way as I hobble over and let my breakfast decorate the walls. I hear Alfons laughing and he knows that I caught that mans sickness from yesterday.

 

I still think it was his oatmeal.

Or maybe it's Koda.

No. It's not her.

 

She wouldn't hurt someone like this.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good chapter. I think you did a fabulous job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


that last line got me
AWWWWWWW!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Koda would NEVER hurt someone!

Next chapter!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on October 29, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing