Chapter Eight: The Sob-Story Continues...

Chapter Eight: The Sob-Story Continues...

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Let's dive into my backstory now.

 

I know, I know, you all think I'm crazy. That, perhaps, I fell on my head when I was little. Or when I was 6 I jumped into the ram exhibit at the zoo and was rammed.

 

I could only wish thats what happened.

 

See, it was many years back...in Resembool...when Mother passed away. It was a shock, yes I know. So thats why Alphonse and I...we tried.

 

That or we lost brain cells.

 

Using our main power...alchemy...we thought we could bring Mother back. After all, alchemy was a magical science filled with flashy lights and incredible results. Surely nothing like this could backfire on 2 little idiotic kids right? Naw, course not. Nothing could go wrong at all...

 

I set you up, didn't I? Yeah, something went wrong.

 

I blame it on 2 things: one, the fact being that my hair is blonde. We blondes seem to attract trouble...the myth is true.

 

Two, Al and I didn't listen to the laws of Equivalent Exchange.

 

As flashy and bright as alchemy is, its got laws. The biggest law is the law of Equivalent Exchange. It means you cant take something and create something with unequal attributes. In English, I'm saying that you cant transform a pound of wheat into a truck. You CAN, however, turn a pound of wheat into a pound of bread.

 

We thought we had it all: human fibers, Mother's DNA, and the textbooks right in front of us. Placing it all on the alchemical sign known as a Transmutation Circle, we were ready. Giddy, eager, and insanely stupid.

We tried to bring her back.

 

It started to work, but then something backfired.

 

"How?!" you say, "You had all the materials!"

 

No we didn't.

We had no soul.

No vessel to bring Mother back in.

 

As a price, it swallowed my leg whole. As a punishment, it swallowed my brother whole.

 

I screamed.

 

I was little. A little boy who feared everything at that instant. You can even say I wet myself (DONT TELL ANYONE!!!). Bloodied and beaten, I was able to attach my brother's soul to a suit of armor in the corner of the room...

 

...at the cost of giving up my arm.

 

The room smelled like blood. Nothing but blood. Stale, stale blood.

 

I blacked out after that, but then woke up with AutoMail.

So, that was that. I donned my AutoMail, my tincan housebunny magnet of a brother, and left Resembool behind.

 

And then...I re-met Koda Tucker.

 

Koda Tucker was the sweetest girl in the neighborhood. She had light, soft brown hair and ocean blue eyes. Pretty, right? Not to mention she was shy. The shy ones are always pretty. I had known her since I was 6 years old, but kinda forgot about her after I left. When I came back for a visit, she'd grown up...alot.

 

In the end, we were torn away from each other.

 

The worst part? I fell in love with her.

 

Have I told her yet? No,

Will I ever get to? Chances are, no.

How did I get here? I died.

 

I died in the body of a boy named Edmond, so as punishment, I was trapped here as myself.

 

Never to see home again.

Never to see Al again.

Never to see brown haired, blue eyed Koda again.



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
-large inhale- FOR YOU KEEVAN!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked seeing into Ed's past. It was interesting to say the least. I love how you said I wet my pants (DON'T TELL ANYONE) I'm gonna tell everyone just to piss him off! XD
Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


i resent the blonde remark -_-

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG WRITE MORE!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hooray!!!!! Write more!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like how you just opened your character up.
It feels as if the bonding has begun with the reader.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 25, 2010
Last Updated on October 25, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Japan Japan

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous