Chapter Twenty: God-Given Miracle

Chapter Twenty: God-Given Miracle

A Chapter by Emunah June.
"

Play the song after Eztle walks into the room

"

A sudden pain launches itself through my back.

 

My eyes open wide, half expecting to see a shark eating me alive. But when I look around, I'm no longer in the sea (I should have figured). Instead, I'm laying on my bedroom's wooden floor. I hear hused whispers downstairs, and then I realize that our company is here. I catch my breath, the image of Koda turning into sand forever burned into my brain. It was horrible, her lips tasted like crabs. Horrible horrible crabs.

 

The silence downstairs is thick. I decide they're waiting on me.

 

"I fell off my bed."

 

I heard Alfons laughing. I groaned, my back still sending pulses of pain all through my body. I look over at my harness, which is twisted and squished beyond my own repair. "Can you help me out up here? I messed up my harness in my sleep," I ask him. "Coming, I'm coming," he replies as I hear him stand. I lay there on the floor, too lazy to even flip over. I really need to pee, but I ignore the urge to do so. I need to get my harness fixed.

 

Alfons walks in and sees my sprawled on the floor. "Fix," I mumble and he sighs. "Sit up fattie," he says, and I'm too drowsy to argue. He grabbed my harness, but fumbled with it and it slipped out his fingers.

 

And bounced out the door. Down the stairs.

 

My mouth went into a straight line. "Dummy," I mumbled, missing my AutoMail even more. "Oops! Hey, could one of you hand me that?" he shouts down the stairs. I snicker. "Shut up," he whispers, whacking the back of my head.

Alfons goes back to messing with my arm. He swished it around a few times. "I dont get this," he says, and I slap my face. Err...I think it's called "facepalming". I dont know. I'm not up to date on the teenage lingo.

 

Yes I know I'm 18!! So?! I dont hang with the 13, 14, 15 year olds. I'm not "with it". Technically, I'm an adult anyways. So HA!! How do you feel NOW??

 

His hands slipped and my arm rolled out of his hands and down the stairs. "Way to go genius..." I mumble as I stand up. "Can you get that for me?" Alfons hollered down the stairs, and I sighed. "You're an idiot, y'know that?" I tell him, and he only shoots me a glare. "You're no prize yourself, Mr. Unemployed Single 18-year-old," he shot back.

 

Ouch. That was below the belt.

 

I heard the door downstairs fling open so fast that it slammed against the wall and made a loud "BANG!". Alfons and I turned towards my door, but what we were expecting to find, I'm unsure. "Hmm, guess they had to leave?" Alfons inquired, looking at me. "How should I know? They're your friends, not mi--"

 

"Mr. Heiderich?"

 

There was a low squeaky voice at the door. I looked over, and could see a pale brown eye peeking in through the crack. "Ah, thank you ever so much," Alfons said as he slipped his hand through the door and took my arm back. Quietly, he shut the door and waltzed over to me. "Just stick in there," I said, and at once he burst into a fit of giggles.

 

Alright, you can make a gay joke here..but just this once.

 

"Ew!" I shouted, slugging his shoulder. He laughed as he jammed right into my arm socket...

 

...the wrong way.

 

Immedietly, the pain shot through me and I couldn't take it. I screamed, long and hard. Alfons slammed his palm on my mouth as we heard an echoed scream downstairs. As we listened to frantic footsteps run down the stairs and out the door, Alfons started laughing. "The yell was for...?" he asked. I blushed, emabarrased by my reaction.

 

"Um..it..pinched my skin is all," I say in a low tone, fixing my harness that was given back along with my arm. Once everything is said and done, Alfons goes back down the stairs. "There goes my company..." he mumbles, shutting the door behind him.

 

I sit on my bed, moving my arm around. I look to the ceiling, and it's only after a minute that I realize my hands are clamped together.

 

The urge to pray washes over me, and I lower my head.

 

Dear Lord, I know I'm a bad boy. And I know that I've doubted Your existance, but please, can I have just ONE miracle?? Please? It doesn't even have to be a big one!! Just maybe make it so my arm regenerates in my sleep or something? Please??

 

Suddenly, there is a timid knock on my door. I lift my head. That wasn't any knock Alfons would give. Who would visit me at a time like this? Quickly, I dash and grab a pair of pants and a shirt after realizing I'm only in my underwear. "Hello?" I ask, slipping on my pants. "Um..excuse me sir...may I come in?" a low female voice asked.

 

I froze.

 

A girl?! Visiting ME?! I gulp.

 

"Who are you?" I ask, slipping my shirt on and straightening my collar. "Um...my name is Koda, sir....I just wanted to see something....Alfons sent me up here...."

My body tenses up. Koda? No, I must have heard the name wrong. It must be Eztle. I must have mistaken her voice again. I sigh, sad that I almost got my hopes up. "Give me a sec and you can come in," I say after awhile. The movements are slow, and I slip on my shoes and check myself over once in the mirror. When I'm almost positive I'm presentable, I sit back down on my bed. "Come in!" I shout. The following movements are reluctant. The door opens slightly, and the girl walks in.

 

Just as I thought. Eztle.

 

Except her eyes are wide, almost as if she'd seen a ghost. I c**k my head curiously, trying to see whats wrong. Her mouth hung open, almost as if she were trying to catch flies. "What's wrong?" I asked, and she only closed her mouth partway.

 

Am I THAT ugly?? I took a shower...what??

 

"Ed....Ed...is that really you?" Eztle stammered, and I gave her the "are you stupid" look. I was trying to figure out if she was joking or not. "My name is Ed. Edward Elric to be exact," I say jokingly, wondering why Eztle is acting so weirdly. In response, Eztle falls to the floor on her knees, tears leaking out of her eyes. She started laughing through her tears. "I found you....I finally found you!" she said inbetween happy sobs. I stare, not knowing what to do.

 

Okay, this is a new low for me: making a girl cry by telling her my name.

 

Just looking at Eztle like this sends me flashbacks of when Koda would sit and cry because of something I said. Her eyes would leak the ocean they held back, making her more beautiful but also making her rather pathetic.

Suddenly Eztle stands up and bolts out the door, leaving me unsure of what just happened. I was about to shrug it off when she came back pushing someone else into the room.

 

My eyes connected with his, and suddenly something inside me clicked. "Nii-San.....it's really you!" he shouted, running up to me and hugging me.

 

My eyes widened.

This was my brother!!

ALPHONSE WAS HERE!!!

 

"Al?! Al is that you?!" I ask happily, wrapping my arms around my little brother. I feel tears coming on, but I dont want to shed them in front of Ezt--

 

I look over at Eztle standing in the doorway, and suddenly I notice something: her hair is MUCH longer than it was yesterday. But yet...

 

This can only mean one thing:

 

It's not Eztle.

It really IS Koda.

God had given me my miracle.



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yay! Koda's back! It took TWENTY chapters, but she's back!!! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 8, 2010
Last Updated on November 8, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing