Chapter Twenty-Five: Accidents Happen!

Chapter Twenty-Five: Accidents Happen!

A Chapter by Emunah June.

You've never had an awkward silence before.

 

 

Well, not like mine anyways.

 

 

All through lunch, no one said ANYTHING. The person that spoke the most was Alfons, and he only said "Check, please." I probably looked like an idiot, gawking at Al and Koda eating quietly.

 

After lunch, we all head back to Alfons and I's house. "Aww man, my feet are killing me. Too bad I don't have a CAR to drive. We'd be home already," Alfons shouted, casting a glance at me.

 

I twitched, totally forgetting about that.

 

Well...a couple days back...Alfons and I had gotten into this...erm..."accident"...you COULD say it was my fault...but I don't think it was. I'm too innocent.

 

I blushed. "I said I was sorry, what more do you want?" I asked, irritated and hoping Alfons wouldn't say much more. "What happened?" Koda asked, and I felt like screaming.

 

She senses it, I swear.

 

Alfons let out this half-cackle, half-laugh. "Well, Edward here was driving my car when he was telling me this story. I said something to him, and then genius here turned around and let go of the wheel. The car was history after that, and now I have to pay a fortune to get it fixed," Alfons said, ruffling his hair. "It was an accident and I'm already paying half!" I shouted, embarrased. "Ed! Keep your voice down!" Al warned, but I only sighed in reply. Koda giggled. "Well Ed, I'll keep that in mind next time I need someone to drive me home," she said, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

 

I froze.

 

Well whatya know? She was touching me! And not in a bad way. It was friendly, and not the "I am going to shove a nail through your forehead" type of touching. I must have been blushing. "Very funny," I said in a low voice, and all 4 of us started to laugh.

 

It's been awhile since I was able to have fun like this.

 

Ever since that final moment...that last moment before now...I never thought I'd be this happy again. I never thought I'd get to feel my cheeks stretch into a real, true smile. I never thought that a hearty laugh would bounce off my tounge. I never thought that I'd be able to feel warm inside when the world around me was so cold.

 

I never thought I'd see Koda again.

 

But now here I was, laughing it away with my roomate, my crush, and my brother. All of those tucked away feelings had slowly started showing themselves again.

 

And I never felt better.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Edo's happeh again!!! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Added on November 22, 2010
Last Updated on November 22, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing