Chapter Twenty-Three: YOU DID WHAT NOW?!?!

Chapter Twenty-Three: YOU DID WHAT NOW?!?!

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Come, sit down and get re-aquainted," Alfons badgered, taking all 4 of us downstairs to the small dining room table. I sat inbetween Al and Koda, staring at them each from time to time. Al was smiling away at me, and Koda was staring at me. I tried not to stare back, but it was hard. Finally, she blushed and stared down at the tabletop.

 

......awkward.

 

The silence was broken by Alfons. "So, Ed, are these the two you've told me so much about?" Alfons asked me, pouring each of us our own cup of tea.

 

(OFF TOPIC: Anyone notice that the drink of choice is ALWAYS tea??)

 

I remember telling Alfons stories of the world I left behind. The friends I made, the places I went to, and he only shook his head at me. "You should write books, Ed," he had said, and after about half a year I gave up. He didn't believe me, but now I was starting to see some belief leaking through.

 

"Yep. My little brother, Alphonse, and one of my childhood friends, Koda," I said, pointing to them each as I said their names. Koda smiled, and I smiled back faintly, but I dont think she noticed. "We've met," Alfons said, looking over at Koda. She blushed. "Nii-San, tell us what you've been up to! We wanna hear about YOU!" Al spit out, sounding as if he was hyped up on coffee. I sniffed my teacup to make sure it was tea. When my curiosity was satisfied, I answered. "Well, I've been doing alot here in Germany. I've been researching a way to get back home.....I've been shopping....and that's it," I said, laughing. "Sounds exciting," Al said sacastically. I took in a small sip of my tea and, after realizing it was too hot to drink, looked over at Koda. "So what have you guys been up to? Two years in the land of alchemy are two exciting ones, I bet," I asked, leaning back in my chair. Koda and Al smiled in synchro as Al parted his lips to speak. "Where to begin? Alright let's se....oh! I got lots of alchemy training from this woman named Izumi! She's very scary though. Very very scary," Al said, and I froze.

 

A woman named Izumi??

 

I stare, thinking about Izumi. Ahh yeah, the dear old Izumi Curtis. She was a brute, that one. Always angry, but yet determined. She was my alchemy teacher back in Amestris, after I lost my mom. She taught me and Al everything we knew. So why was he acting like I didn't know her?

 

"What are you talking about Al? I know. I met her before. I was her student too," I answer, a hint of laughter in my voice. I see Koda shift uncomfortably in her seat, and I know something is up. "Um, Ed..." she whispers, and I look over at her.

 

"What?"

Koda lowered her voice. "Whatever happened in that place two years back caused Al to lose his memories past the time you were 11."

 

My face drops.

 

"Al?" I whisper, looking over at my little brother. His face has suddenly become sadder looking. He shakes his head in a slow, sad motion. "It's true. I don't remember much of anything. Sorry Nii-San," he says, looking away from the three of us.

 

As shocking as the news is, I decide to drop it. Perhaps a lighter topic will help bring back the happy feeling.

 

But...I dont know what to talk about...shoot.

 

"But there's alot of positive things that have been going on!" Koda says, obviously trying to save me from my awkward position. "Like what?" I reply, trying to show her how relieved I was for her services. "Well, I'm a well known mechanic in Resembool...Al joined the military, an--" she said, but I cut her off. "What?!? Al joined the military? Al!" I shouted, a rush of anger flowing through me.

 

I had once been a part of the military. I had joined when I was 12 out of nessesity. We NEEDED one of us to lead, to be strong. He had no need to join alongside me. So why...WHY NOW???

 

Al looked horrified. I was a big, angry, evil, full of rabies dog. I wanted flesh. I wanted revenge.

 

I wanted an answer.

 

"I-I did it to find you! Now that we're together again, I can leave! I'll leave, I will! Don't hurt me!" he shouted, and I felt myself calm a bit. Alfons laughed, and Koda shook her head. "Mustang will work you like a dog! Don't you ever think ahead? Gah," I whine, tapping the table with my fingers.

 

"In my defense, Koda said it would be a good idea."



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooh!!! Koda's gonne get it now!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2010
Last Updated on November 10, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing