Chapter Fourteen: In Other News...

Chapter Fourteen: In Other News...

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Alfons begins making stew the next time I wake up from a nap. The smell makes my stomach twist so violently I hobble over and throw up into the trashcan...while laying down. (I got skill, yo.)

 

"You really ARE sick," he says as I sit up straight.

 

I wipe my mouth, the taste of oatmeal getting stronger with each spew I make. "No, really? Thanks genius," I say, tossing a pillow at him with a weak throw. Alfons stares, tossing a couple potatoes into the pot. I plug my nose, then stare at him back. "How was rocket building?" I ask.

 

(Oh yeah, Alfons builds rockets for a living. Kinda cool.)

 

He smiles wide. "Great! We're halfway done with our best so far!" he exclaims, and nod slowly, simply because moving too fast gets me naseaus again.

 

I grab my trashcan and puke into it again before I stand up and stretch. "I'm going to bed," I say.

 

"Not hungry?" Alfons asks.

"Nope. I'd just throw it back up anyways."

"Oh. Well I'll keep some in a bowl for you anyways."

"Thanks but no--" I stop to gag, "--thanks."

"You want the evening news?"

"Yeah where is it?"

"On the table."

 

I peek over my shoulder, covering my mouth, to see a neat newspaper waiting for me. I quickly grab it, dash up to my bedroom, throw it on my bed, and run into the bathroom as I loose my lunch again.

 

I sit up, breathing heavily. I missed...alot...and the walls are decorated with nothing but stomach acid. I contemplate running my fake finger along in my vomit to write "Ed was here" but I decide against it. I stand up, dizzy, and walk back to my room. Swiftly, I grab the newspaper and flip to the cover story.

 

BREAKING NEWS!!

Thule Society Funded!!

 

It appeards that the Munich Council has decided to fund the Thule Society after all!

 

The conditions were made this afternoon. Leader Amelia Eckart was most pleased with the council's choice.

Eckart was able to bribe her way into keeping the Society by making a nearly impossible promise. Her promise was to get a highly skilled magician from the "other side". When asked when this was, her only response is "Soon." She claims that the magician will be from Shamballa.

 

In other news...

 

I put the newspaper down and relax.

 

None of this had anything to do with me, so why should I care?



© 2010 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
Not yet Edo...not yet...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on October 31, 2010
Last Updated on October 31, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing