Chapter Thirty-One: Hunswigg

Chapter Thirty-One: Hunswigg

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I stopped mid-way in the street, just now remembering I had no idea where I was going.

 

Hughes had only said he was having Koda help with a "town project". That could be anywhere! And if the feeling in my gut was correct, I didn't have time to be dorking around. I shifted my weight to my left foot, looking around uneasily. Where to go, where to go?! I slammed my fists into my head, praying that I'd suddenly know the answer.

 

But I didn't.

 

The article said nothing about where this was all going down, so it was useless to me at this point. I contemplated asking someone, but would that make me looks suspicious? I swallowed hard. What to do...what to do?! Several options whizzed through my brain at once, but I was too panicked to pick any. Finally, the only choice I could think of clearly was to swallow my pride and ask someone for information.

 

I steadily jogged back to Dietrich's stand, and luckily for me Hunswigg was already there. "Hunswigg!" I shouted, and he turned steadily around, a small beer can in his hands. "Ah! Edward! Come join me for a--"

 

"No time! Where is this all taking place?" I asked as I pointed to a newspaper on Dietrich's stand. Hunswigg stared at me for a moment, not sure of what I meant. I grit my teeth, my heart beating so loud I was sure he could hear it. "This whole thing with the alchemist Shamballa thing!" I stammered, my face red with worry and (possibly) exausted blush. Hunswigg took a long sip of his beer, then sighed. "I believe Munich castle, but it's heavily guarded over there right now," he said, and my heart leaped.

 

Munich castle?! Of course! No one can hear if anything goes wrong. It's located in such a deserted area that if something were to happen to Koda...

 

I swallowed hard on my spit, then turned and left him behind. "E-Ed? What do you think you're doing?!" he called to me, and soon his strong arms wrapped around me, stopping me from moving.

 

I felt a surge of anger rush through me as I tried to break free. "What are you doing Ed?! You're not allowed to interfere over there!" he shouted in my ear as I struggled to loosen myself. "I need to be there!" I screamed inbetween tired gasps. Hunswigg sure was stronger than he looked! He held on tighter, and I felt myself beginning to sweat. "Let....me...GO!!" I shouted, digging my fingernails into his skin. "Why?! What are you going to do if I let you go??" he asked. I felt my face get red as I finally shouted it to the world.

 

"The girl I love is there! I need to go see her!"

 

It was quiet for a moment. My face burned, and for a moment I stopped struggling. While I knew this already, it felt strange to have the word "love" bounce off my tounge. I stood, and for a moment a single tear fell out of my eye. Why, I am unsure, but it happened, and I felt strange. Hunswigg let me go without another word, simply sipping on his beer and walking away. I stood in disbelief. Why let me go so easily? I had just turned around when he spoke:

 

"Whats so special about her?"

 

Without thinking, I gave a clear from the heart answer: "Her smile can light the darkest night. Her laugh can make the saddest man laugh. She's just so perfect and I...I'm a big pile of jello when I see her. She's everything to me and I...I haven't told her yet. But I can't tell her if I dont go see her now. I need to go."

 

Hunswigg looked at me then, a strange look on his face. "My wife died during child birth. I understand how it feels to lose someone you love." He looked at me and grinned, crumpling the beer can in his hand.

 

"Get in my car. We're going to Munich castle."



© 2011 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
"Come in my car little boi..."


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NEXT. CHAPTER. I. NEED. ANOTHER. CHAPTER!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing