Chapter Thirty: Her Life

Chapter Thirty: Her Life

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I woke up a while later.

 

I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep until I almost fell off the sofa from dozing. I sat up, slowly, my head giving off a slight ringing noise.

 

Okay, note to self, no more beer.

 

"Alfons..." I groaned, but no one replied. I waited patiently, and still nothing. "ALFONS!!" I shouted, and then proceeded to wait for the sounds of shuffling footsteps.

 

Still nothing.

 

I threw a very loud "F" bomb before standing up and making my way over to the kitchen counter, where I found a hastily written note left for me.

 

Edward,

Left to go find your brother.

Be back soon.

-Alfons

 

It had just hit me that Alphonse never showed up. I mean, sure, earlier I had noticed, but it was still early then. By my watch it was noon. Hmm...

 

And Koda...she hasn't called at all...

 

Thats when it all hit me at once: something was going on, and I was determined to find out what.

 

I threw myself back on the couch and took the newspaper with me. I re-read the article about the "Saviour of Shamballa". There sure were alot of weird things in this article. The word "alchemist" was hardly ever used...and a sly smile? That can't be good. What kind of "provoking" was this girl given? Who was she? If she was so important, why not print her name? 18 sure was young...I took out a pen and began to mark up the text. These all were connected...but how? What was Amelia trying to hide?

 

Suddenly I remembered something: Koda left today, and this alchemist arrived.

 

I stopped, my pen shaking in my hand. No way! Koda couldn't possibly be this high and mighty alchemist the papers were talking about! She could barely keep her lunch in, let alone use alchemy! Why, if they wanted a good alchemist, they should have come and found me!

 

...

 

Okay, bringing up her Tailors Child was kinda low.

Sorry.

 

I re-read the paper several times over, and sure enough, all of it made sense once you plugged Koda into it.

But...why would she boast about her power? Koda should be smart enough to know that alchemy doesn't work on this side of the Gate! Didn't she know that?

 

Didnt she...WAIT!

 

Officer Hughes said that he had "chosen" her to work on a "town project". Added to what I knew about the newspaper, and it was obvious:

 

Koda was taken by force.

 

I stood up and threw on my coat (mine this time, not Alfons'). Koda was somewhere unsafe, and I had to go and get her.

 

I threw on my shoes and ran out the door.

 

You better not die before I can tell you how I feel!!

 

 

A girly thought, but a thought nevertheless.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NEXT. CHAPTER. WOMAN!

Posted 13 Years Ago


lol girly though. but it does reflect on how he feels a lot in this chapter.....

I NEED MORE CHAPTERS >.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 8, 2010

Reverse ~Sin and Atonement~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing