The Begining of A long Journey

The Begining of A long Journey

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

"So...you're saying the Jada and I... We have to capture 'silver shards' and battle each other... to the death?" Ava asked, skeptical.

 

"Oh no! Deary! No! Not you two! You two just have to help each other! You are the two in the prophecy! One Belarose and one Demis that aren't trying to kill each other!" Grandma Thora explained.

 

Ava and I breathed sighs of relief. So we weren't going to have to kill each other.

 

"But!" Grandma Thora held up one finger. "Jade does have to kill your brother, Ava."

 

Ava looked baffled. "But I don't have a brother!"

 

Grandma Thora laughed. "Of course you do! His the love child between your father and his mistress! He's actually a year older than you, and his name is Stephen."

 

Ava slimped back against the chair. "Cheating, lying, b*****d." Ava whispered, in shock. 

 

I sat there fiddling with my thumbs. How was I going to kill Ava's only sibling? I couln't do that to her!

 

These thoughs continued on until I came to one conclusion. I would let myself be killed, so Ava could have her brother.

 

"Jade." Ava whispered.

 

I looked up. Her ice blue eyes were filled with sadness and pain, but they were also filled with resolve.

 

"Jada. You are going to kill my brother." Ava said with an steely resolve.

 

I just looked at her for a while. I could tell that she wouldn't let me back out.

 

"Just... just do it quickly... and I wont look..." Ava stuttered.

 

I nodded. It still hadn't really registered that I was going to kill some one, but then I realized that I had already killed two specials... I was already a killer.

 

Grandma Thora stood up. She walked over to the stairs, she turned around. "Well come on, dearies! It's just about time for tea."

 

~

 

We followed Grandma Thora up the stairs in a daze. I don't know what exactly was going through Ava's mind right then, but I'm sure it was something similar to mine. And what was going throught my mind was:

 

That's it. My grandmother is completely insane. Certifiable! Great! So I could turn out to be a crazy old biddy as well! Fabulous! What is wrong with her anyway? Is she even British? I didn't think we were British. I mane, we're French, Swedish, Italian, and Irish... so I guess we could be British... I mean, why not just throw another nationality in there! I wonder if we are British. That would be soooo cool!!! Then I could visit Britain and be all like, 'I'm British too!!!' And my GOD I love British accents!!!

 

Okay, enough of that, my mind can get scary sometimes.

 

Grandma Thora led us into the kitchen, and started pulling things out of the fridge. "Come on dearies! Help me get these finger foods going!"

 

Ava and I looked at each other. She was seriously crazy. Oh well, there's no use agruing with her.

 

I walked over to where Seth kept his knifes and pulled out an especially big one. I sliced open, pitted, deskined, and sliced the avocados that Grandma Thora set in front of me.

 

Ava peeled and deseeded the cucumber and cut it up the long way.

 

Grandma Thora diced a good chunk of feta cheese and then she grabbed all the ingrediants, including some whole wheat crackers she found in the closet, and shoved them at Ava. "Here," she said, "arrange them prettily on the crackers."

 

She turned to me as Ava stared at the food with a bewildered expression. "Jada, I need you to help me make the tea. We need vanilla ice cream...cinnamon...and... oh right, milk!"

 

I stared at Grandma Thora. "I thought you said tea... Tea needs water, and that seems more like a desert..."

 

Grandma Thora waved her hand in the air, dismissing my observation. "This is my own recipe, darling! So don't you worry about a thing! Now, go put about three quarts of this milk in a pan and bring it up to a boil."

 

"Can milk even boil?" I asked.

 

"Your parents didn't teach right!" She cried. "Of course milk can boil! Now go put it on the stove!"

 

I did as Grandma Thora asked, and I told her when I milk was boiling. Grandma Thora came over and stirred the milk with five cinnamon sticks, until she just dropped them in.

 

"Ava, dear! Have you finished arranging the finger food?" Grandma Thora asked.

 

Ava nodded and sauntered over to us.

 

"Good, then spread a thickish layer of vanilla ice cream on the bottom of all three cups." Grandma Thora ordered.

 

I looked at Ava. We were obviously think the same thought. This old lady is insane.

 

Ava came back a minute later with the cups and I poured the milk tea in. Grandma Thora grabbed the plate of food and her cup and led us into the dining room. She sat at the head of the table and Ava and I sat to one side of her.

 

"Now darlings, lets start talking about when you should go, and where you should look for the silver shards. You need to go to places where the moon is the closest. Hmmmm... so you should try Canada and the North Pole. I'll help you along the way of course, and you can take only two other people with you. So you neeed o decide within the hour, so that you can get under way. I'll leave you to that. Eat and drink up! You'll need your strength." Grandma Thora said, standing up.

 

Once she left Ava and I turned to one another. "Who should we bring?" Ava whispered.

 

I shook my head. "I'm not sure. Adian could transport us places, so we wouldn't have to drive and waste money on gas. Avery could help us by keeping things out of the way. Seth could help becuase well... never mind."

 

Ava looked at me, there was some saddness in her eyes. "I think you forgot some one." she whispered.

 

I could tell my eyes turned hard, as did my tone of voice. "I didn't forget anyone." I retorted back coolly.

 

Ava shook her head, her eyes still sad. "You have to forgive him, kiddo. He's been a part of your life for so long, it would just hurt you and him more if you don't tr to patch things up. And besides, you can't be too mad. You should have seen this coming. I mean, come on! Just the way he looks at you! It was obvious."

 

"It wasn't obvious to me!" I hissed at her.

 

Ava stared at her. Some of her ice creeping back into her expression. "Face it, Jade. We need him and you know it. It's always been us three, and we all worked the best when it was us three! And I think we should also take Adian. I dont want him here by himself. We should say Avery and Seth here." Ava said the last part sadly.

 

"You really love him don't you." I said softly, grabbing one of ava's hands in my own.

 

Ava looked up at me, tears in her eyes. "I do, I really do." She sniffled."And I don't want anything to happen to him. He's the first guy that's ever treated me remotely nice, well besides Nolan, but he isn't my type." Ava smiled softly at the last sentence.

 

I sighed. "I don't want to leave Seth either, but I think it's for the best if it's you, me, Nol, and Adian."

 

Ava nodded. "We're all set them. Now it's just time to start this journey."

 

I sighed. "Great, more near death expirences."

 

Ava smiled at my tone.

 

 



© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
I know this chapter was kind of boring, but I needed to kind of move it along a bit.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YAY!! More:D lol.. I can't wait to see there journey and I'm glad Nolan's going and I have a feeling somethings gonna happen with S.eth

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yays! This was awesome. I think I'm in love... with Nolan. Duh.
And I'm obviously in love with your writing. SO WRITE MORE.

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG! You added more! :) Yay! RR me when you add anymore chapters!

~Lizzard~

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 31, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2011


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing