And Here We Go Again

And Here We Go Again

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

"Jade. Jade. It's time to wake up kiddo." A voice like silked slipped into my dreams.

 

"Hmmmmmm." I murmmer and turned over in my bed. A hand stroked my head.

 

"Come on darling, we have to get an early start today." The voice whispered, the hand still smoothing over my hair. I smiled slightly and curled up closer into myself. I liked this bed, it was nice and warm and comfortable. I didn't want to leave this bed. In my befuddled sleep mode brain, I decided to marry this bed. That way, if I ever left it, that would be the equivilant of a divorce. And it would solve all my boy problems too. Yup, that's it, I've decided to marry this bed.

 

"Jade! Get you lazy bum out of bed and get packing! We leave in twenty minutes!" Ava's piercing voice penatrated my dreams.

 

"Mhmmmmm!" I mumbled loudly, burying my face deeper in my pillow. I could hear Ava's footsteps getting closer and I curled even tighter into myself, not knowing what she was going to do. Probably something jarring. 

 

And I was right.

 

Ava marched over to the edge of the bed, grab my arms and yanked me out of the bed. "Hey!" I cried, eyes popping open. I was wide awake in a matter of a few seconds. "What was that for?!"

 

"We have to go in twenty minutes, understand?" Ava stared at me intensely, her bright blue eyes hard. Not mean, but just like they mean business.

 

"Alright. Alright." I grumbled. "Just relax, I'll be ready."

 

Ava let go of me an marched out of the room. I stood there for a minute and listened to her quiet footsteps descend down the stairs. I sighed quietly, and turned back to the bed, and stared at it longingly. That's when my eyes strayed over to the first voice that origninally called me from my dreams, Nolan.

 

"Morning, Jada." He smiled at me.

 

"Don't call me that." I whispered. I felt like I had go through enough, matured enough, that I shouldn't have been called by my childhood nickname. It was no longer fitting for me.

 

Nolan still smiled at me, but a bit of sadness tinted his smile. It just wasn't the same between us anymore. It wasn't the same easy going relationship, it was strained, well on my part at least. "Sure thing kiddo." He said, luckily the sadness didn't seep into his voice.

 

"Well, I have to go get ready so..." I said awkwardly, I reached over and grabbed my over-night bag that had my brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, so on and so forth. And then I shuffled into the bathroom a joining Melissa's bedroom, since she had the master bedroom after all.

 

I brushed my teeth, threw my hair up in a ponytail, and got dressed as qiuck as possible. Bazinga tee-shirt, skinny jeans, and my running sneakers. Simple. Then I ran back into the bedrom and yanked my duffle bag out from under Melissa's bed and shoved all my clothes into it. "Okay," I said to myself, "all set, everything's all set."

 

I hefted my duffle bag strap onto my shoulder and ran down the stairs. "Ava! I'm done! And it only took eight minutes!" I called as flung open the kitchen door.

 

Ava was standing there, just staring out the window. Listlessly.

 

"Ava?" I asked slowly and I walked over to her ridged body. I put my hand on her arm and she turned her head slowly towards my direction, but never taking her eyes off the scene outside the window.

 

"I'm going to miss it here." She whispered solemnly. "I've always wished for a house like this. Full of life and beauty. But I'll probably never get it again."

 

I could feel Ava's skin get colder under my hand. I moved my hand down her arm and grabbed her hand. I tugged her away from the window. "Come on, we have things to do." I said with determination, hoping to inspire her.

 

Ava finally tore her gaze away from the window and picked up her bag at her feet. "You're right, let's go." 

 

I walked Ava out to that familiar white pick up truck and settled her into the middle seat, but she was starting to become herself again. Nolan was already at the wheel, ready to peel out at whenever, and as far as he was conserned, never look back.

 

The plan was to drve part of the way to Canada with the car and then telaport the rest of the way there. Since we arent entirely sure of how far Aiden could teleport.

 

Grandma Thora came slowly downt the stairs carrying a forever calm Aiden n her arms. His little face peaceful and almost asleep. But he still reached a little chubby hand out to me. I walked the rest of the way over to Thora and took my special boy into my arms. He wrapped his pudgy arms around my neck and feel all the way asleep.

 

Grandma Thora kissed my head and wished my luck, they walk back up to the house. Just as she got up the steps and onto the porched the door swung open with a bang. Avery lept out disheveled with a wild look in his eyes. He looked around quickly until he found Ava in the truck. He started sprinting towards the truck and Ava edged her way towards the door hastily.

 

Avery reached and yanked her out of the truck. He gripped her around the waist and kept her lifted off the ground, hugging her tightly to himself. Ava flung her arms around his neck and burried her face in his shoulder. She was gripping him so tightly, like she wouls slip off the earth if she let go.

 

Then, the did let go. Not all the way, but just enough to look at one another. Then the kissed. Quick, passionate, kisses. Until finally, Avery put her back in the truck. They held hands and talked quietly for a few seconds, then he kissed her forehead and let go. He walked back up to the house, only pausing to give me a quick tight hug, and then in through the door.

 

I looked back over to Ava, she had her head down and her hands folded in her lap. I knew she was upset, but I also knew she would be back, and that she would push away all her feelings to help me now. I was greatful to her.

 

I walked over to the car and slipped silently into the seat next to her. I nodded to Nolan and we started out the driveway. I took one of Ava's cold hands into mine and squeezed, letting her know I was there. She squeezed back.

 

And the last sight I saw of Seth and Melissa's house as we sped down the rode was of Seth. Standing in the doorway, watching me leave, and not saying goodbye.



© 2012 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
So.... whatcha think? :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

dlfhdgpjpdfgojfpogdfpogjdpjf SETH. NO. GO BACK FOR SETH. THEY BELOOOOOONG TOGETHER, D****T.

Ah, I've missed this book. Now that you've updated, you must update more and more and more and more and more and more until WE EXPLODE.

YOU GOT IT?!

Oh, and are you going to make a third book?

Posted 12 Years Ago


An excellent chapter. I liked it a lot..

I can't wait to read more. I've missed the updates for this book. When you add more read request me. Keep up the awesome job by the way:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2012


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing