four

four

A Chapter by therealMEL
"

Tuesday, January 19. 2016

"
21:12
Oh my gosh I have been waiting all day to be able to write on this journal!
I literally just got home about 15 minutes ago and I have been out since 9 am this morning. To summarize my day, I had a dentist appointment at 10:30, but since my dentist is all the way up in the north east and I live in the south west I had to leave early. Especially since I don't drive (yet). I shouldn't really call it a dentist appointment, more like a pickup for my next retainer set. After that I met up with Jones and we grabbed some subway and I got my usual steak & cheese with soup and a drink. Then we went geocaching!
To describe geocaching a little bit, it's basically a world wide game. I'm not sure who founded it but someone or a group of people came up with a neat idea to hide different size things around the world for other people to find. So people who sign up for an account are eligible to find these things (also called caches) that are hidden in different sizes, shapes, difficulties, and terrains. Also, anyone who plays the game can hide their own cache, once its approved by HQ, for other geocachers to find! I've found I believe 29 so far in my city. It's honestly one of the most adventurous things I have discovered to do and I highly recommend everyone to try it out. It's super friendly for all ages and completely safe as well.
After that Jones dropped me off at school just before 2 pm. I had Macroeconomics which I was not looking forward to since I didn't have any friends. Thankfully, I sat beside this girl who turns out to have met me last semester (but I don't remember) and now were class friends! Right after that I had my societies and conflict class. The topic of my class is about the LGBTQ community. I wanted to start off saying that I am not a homophobic person, but I grew up in a family where the LGBTQ community isn't expected, especially based off of my religion. I have a few friends who are apart of that community and I don't see them as any different than you or I.
The problem that I am about to talk about is the atmosphere in my classroom. My teacher is super open to discussions and talking about "feelings" for a lack of better words, as long as its in a respectful manner. I'm not much of a expressing my feelings person, especially in a classroom, so it's extremely hard for me to relate. What really bothers me is that everyone in the class seems to be pro LGBTQ, or at least the ones that speak up are. I consider myself not anti but neither pro, and I find that I don't agree with a lot of the "rules" the LGBTQ community are fighting for. It sucks since participation is 10% of my grade and I feel as if I can't participate because I'm the minority and if I speak i'll be shunned upon. 
It's really hard for me since I'm super open to speaking up in class discussions, but I feel so uncomfortable and sorta left out in this class. I really need that 10% though.


© 2016 therealMEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on January 20, 2016
Last Updated on January 20, 2016
Tags: dentist, subway, geocaching, adventurous, school, friends, LGBTQ, LGBT


Author

therealMEL
therealMEL

About
"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt." more..

Writing
lost soul lost soul

A Poem by therealMEL


one one

A Chapter by therealMEL


two two

A Chapter by therealMEL