thirty one

thirty one

A Chapter by therealMEL
"

Friday, May 20. 2016

"
2:05
Despite it being two in the morning, the sky is a deep shade of faded orange. I know it's just because I live in the city and that causes the sky to look this way, but I think it is absolutely beautiful. Out my window I can see the street lamp past the alleyway and into the neighboring street, as the light peeks in between the trees because of the forceful night wind. Nighttime is stunning, and I think the reason why I don't mind staying awake at night is because I get the watch the world live when everyone around me is asleep. The houses that I can see out my window are all pitch black, except for one down on the right where the light shimmers, flicking vibrantly. They're watching TV.

I don't want to talk about how my day was. In summary though, I cried in the mall and cried at home and fell asleep in Jones bed and packed. Tomorrow is the start of May long weekend and I am journeying with my family to a city up north and we won't be back until Monday night. I'll miss Jones.

All throughout today I kept thinking about what terrible thing I must have done to deserve this day, and I wondered why on Wednesday I had done many good deeds and got no good karma in return. But then I remembered a quote I heard that said everyday is a miracle if you make it a miracle (not exact words but something along those lines) and it made me think that even though the day sucked there were good moments and I made the best out of things. I guess that's what happens when you live with an optimistic mind set.


© 2016 therealMEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on May 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 20, 2016


Author

therealMEL
therealMEL

About
"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt." more..

Writing
lost soul lost soul

A Poem by therealMEL


one one

A Chapter by therealMEL


two two

A Chapter by therealMEL