thirty

thirty

A Chapter by therealMEL
"

Tuesday, May 17. 2016

"
10:27
I remember that it hurt, looking at her hurt.

I wish I could come up with an opening line like that. 

Yesterday I had a big mac for the second time in my life and I almost finished it, but I've had a stomach ache ever since. I have it right now. I don't do well with fast food.

Jones comes back tonight instead of tomorrow night so I can go see him tomorrow. I'm super excited.

13:15
I like to think I have a pretty good memory when it comes to my past, but in fact there are so many holes. Holes as in memories I didn't know existed and memories that have been tampered with unknowingly. 

I can't think of a single memory relating to my mother, except for the day of her funeral. How depressing is that. I don't remember how tall or short she was, the smile she had, the color in her eyes and the smell of family. None of those I can remember. 
I remember how excited I was on the morning of her funeral because I thought we were finally going to see her after her long vacation. I remember going into my parents room, which was after just my dad's, and having such a innocent smile. I remember arriving at the funeral home and seeing my close friend who I practically call my cousin and her whole family. Her and I were the same age, yet she knew what was going on and I didn't. I remember asking her if she was excited and she wasn't, and my friend of only seven years old was the person to tell me that my mother was dead.

Now I don't know if this memory has been tampered with, if half of this was a dream or if my brain filled in spots to make the memory less painful. 

I just wish I could remember something.

20:45
During dinner, which was about fifteen minutes ago, I starting thinking about Kale. However, this time it was different. Usually when I think about him I think of just him, about how he's doing or how he's changed since we haven't seen each other in over two years, but now I think of him and see her. I see them together and them holding hands, laughing, smiling, being like a couple. It's bittersweet, because I know I don't want to see them together in my mind but it also makes me think of him less, which is very good.

And on the other hand, I just came upstairs to my room to discover he had texted me first. Coincidence? 


© 2016 therealMEL


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on May 17, 2016
Last Updated on May 18, 2016


Author

therealMEL
therealMEL

About
"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt." more..

Writing
lost soul lost soul

A Poem by therealMEL


one one

A Chapter by therealMEL


two two

A Chapter by therealMEL