I Trust You

I Trust You

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other

“Hey you two!” Adrian met us in the front lobby, his cane in hand. His faded red eyes looked distantly into the darkness that was his world as he traveled over to us. “Heard you weren’t in school today.”

 

Shane rolled her eyes. “I’m sure Maxy has too then.”

 

“Of course.” He reached out and found my arm. “You been having fun with my girl here, Cal?”

 

I smiled bashfully and thanked God he couldn’t see. “Um…”

 

“Yes, Shane,” he smiled. “I’m sure he does look quite cute when he blushes.”

 

Mind readers… I thought and rolled my eyes. At least I didn’t have to put on a front here. I could be myself around my friends.

 

“We are a rather special bread, aren’t we.”

 

Shane smiled. “Don’t forget about modest.” She took Adrian’s arm. “Addy, how’s Roux?”

 

He sighed. “Your partner is one Hell of a fighter. We’re staying with him in sifts upstairs.”

 

“It’s that bad?” I asked.

 

“Afraid so. Tyson’s up there now. We don’t have any work tonight so if you wanted to go on up and check on him…”

 

Shane looked up at me, eyes pleading. “Maybe… Maybe I should stay the night, Cal. I have to work tomorrow anyway so… Well, I mean if that’s okay with you.”

 

I really didn’t want to say yes, and I knew that if I honestly told her that I was uncomfortable with it she would understand… But Roux and Shane had been best friends years before they started “working” together. Roux was my friend too, so why was I so jealous? I’d told Shane and myself countless times that their relationship and history didn’t bother me, but she still suspected, and I still knew.

 

Adrian coughed slightly and looked away.

 

Don’t you say a word, Adrian. I thought. Please…

 

He sighed. “Well, I’ll let you two talk. See you tomorrow, Shane. Oh, and Cal…” I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him. He smiled at me cockily. “Have a nice night.”

 

Once he was gone I huffed, “We have got to find him another girlfriend.”

 

Shane put her hand on my arm and I looked back down at her wondering face. “So, what do you think? If you say no then I won’t, Cal.”

 

I smiled and kissed her forehead. “It’s alright with me Shane. And I think it’s sweet that you’d even ask me.”

 

She wrapped her arms around my neck. “You opinions and thoughts matter to me, so of course I’d want to know them.”

 

My eyes met hers. She was so small, almost fragile looking, yet that mouth of hers…and that fighting spirit… I couldn’t contain my hunger for a moment and latched our lips together. There was so much need in this kiss… This unconditional and utterly supreme want took me over as I deepened our connection, licking her soft bottom lip, begging for entrance. She granted me my pleasure with a sly look, our tongues battling in a war for domination.

 

My mouth tingled with the burning embers on her lips. I moaned slightly, unable to control it. Shane won our little battle, of course, and with her new found power let the kiss slow. I was surprised to say the least, as I was the one always telling her to slow down. Her hands gently to my sides, slipping up under my shirt, and running over my ribs.

 

“Ahem…!”

 

The strong voice made me jump and jerk my head back, but Shane held me steady, looping her arms around my waist and turning us around. “Hey hot stuff, how’s it shakin’?”

 

Max glared at her, and I, acting on instinct, stretched my arm around her shoulders and held her close as if to protect her. I surprised myself with that one…

 

“God Shane, I’m sick of this. When are you gonna learn that commitment is commitment and you can’t just toss it around as you please?” Shane rolled her eyes. “You made a commitment to this place, yet you’re still always late, you never take orders, and you can’t seem to get it through your thick, pigheaded, teenaged skull of yours that the decisions you make affect people.” I was ready to rip the man’s throat out by this point, but Shane just rubbed my hip gently, telling me to keep my head. “Everyone around here looks up to you, Shane. At least try to be a decent role model.”

 

Max Undershaw. The roundest, sweatiest, baldest middle aged man I’d ever met, and that was Shane’s boss.

 

“Maxy… Baby…” she smiled. “Can’t we talk about this later?” Her arms left my waist and took my hand, pulling me toward and up the narrowly winding steal staircase.

 

“No!” he protested, wobbling after us. “You need to get your act together. If we are going to succeed in our mission then we’re going to need all our agents. That includes you missy.”

 

When we reached the top of the stairs Shane spun around, giving me her full attention. “Cal, maybe you should go home now. I’m sorry to have dragged you all the way out here for this…”

 

“It’s okay.” I kissed her lips gently and hugged her tight. “Are you sure?” I whispered into her ear. “I can stay if you want me too. I don’t mind.”

 

Her lips brushed against my ear as she spoke, making me shiver. “That’s alright, baby. You can stay at my place if you don’t want to go to your apartment. Get some rest.”

 

I nodded and left her.



© 2009 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 2, 2009
Last Updated on November 2, 2009


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing