Understandings...

Understandings...

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other
"

*WARNING* Same scene different POV. Same think applys... :P

"

After some time, Shane lifter her head off my chest and peered into my eyes. “They know.”

 

 

I understood. Our charade couldn’t have gone on forever and it was time to face the music. I sighed, and nodded. “And what did they say?”

 

 

Shane’s fingers tangled into my hair as she smiled. “Max wasn’t that happiest man in the world when he found out, but he never was very happy anyway, so…” Cal smiled and nuzzled his face into my hand. “Adrian and Dawn didn’t care much, but Ty…”

 

 

“What?” Tyson? Really? He always struck me as such an easy going guy. Though we’d never been close, I was still quite surprised.

 

 

She sighed. “It may take the two of us a while before we bring him around,”

She siad sadly.

 

 

I saw the hurt on her face and stroked her back up and down to console her. “It’ll be alright, darling.”

 

 

Shane walked into town and called Roux and Max, asking them to come pick us up and bring along some cloths for me. We were forced to face the fact of our having lied to them now.

 

 

Roux and Shane helped me into the car after I was dressed, and Max’s stinging eyes bore into my love from the drivers seat. “Let’s get a few things strait, Shane.”

 

I was still very weak, and all the will in the world could not have kept my head from falling on Shane’s shoulder. I felt her nod to him as the door was closed and Roux took his seat on the passenger side. I found Shane reaching for my hand, her sheild of strength still showing brightly on her face as she stared into what could have been the end of her making a diffrence. Max was turned nearly all the way around in his seat. “You dating a Human Case is one thing, but an Other Case! Do you know how many rules you’ve broken?”

 

 

“I helped you write them,” Shane snapped. “Of course I do.”

 

 

“You’re not in a very good spot to be talking smart, girl,” he growled.

 

 

Roux sat up. “Lay off my partner! She did what her gut and heart told her. That’s what she always does. That’s why she’s our best agent. You have no right�"”

 

 

“Roux, shut up!” Max yelled. “I should have your a*s for this too! Now Shane, you know what I have to do. This isn’t easy but�"”

 

 

“Have you never loved?”

 

 

Everyone’s head’s turned as if I had been invisible the whole time. I rolled my head from Shane’s shoulder and asked again, “Max, have you ever loved someone so wholely and passionalely that you would sacrifice your very soul to the bowel’s Hell for them?”

 

 

Max was silent. He was struck with a distant memory none of us could have ver conseved of, and finally when he did speak, his voice was quiet, sorrowful. “Put your seat belts on. I won’t have my two best agents killed in something as trivial as a car accedent.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Back at Shane’s apartment, I stripped off the wet t-shirt and jeans, walking into the bedroom where Shane has flopped, face down on the bed. It was a few minutes after ten o’clock, and after an ackward, silent car ride, it felt nice to be in the one place I even slightly considered my home. I leaned on the end of the bed and laughed at how very silly she looked, and crawled onto the bed, lying half of my sore body on top of hers. “My sweet, you must be so tired.”

 

 

“Actually…” She rolled over, completely underneath me now, peering up into my eyes. “I’m really not.”

 

 

My body ached, but not with pain. It ached with want for her. I wanted us to be as close as anyone could ever get to someone they loved. And I couldn’t help myself. I kissed her mouth hungrily, slipping her out of her blouse. Our starvation for each other had become to great, and was now over flowing.

 

 

“Shane…” I breathed between our heated kisses. “If…if you’re not ready yet…”

 

 

“I am,” she whispered quickly back. “I want to…”

 

 

I was as gentle as any man could have been. Her fragle, untouched body I found to have scar upon scar and bruise upon bruise from her many conquests. They did not make me love her any less. They in fact made me love and respcet her all the more.

 

 

Thought yes, it was not my first time, it felt like it. I had never been more nervouse, more afriad of doing the wrong thing, hurting her vergin exsistance, but in the end everyting about us just molded into one, and I relaxed. Her fingers danced across my damp body, sending shivers down my spine. Our voices could hardly be contained, our passion could not have been contained at all.

 

 

Everything I had I gave to Shane, that night.

 

 

When the earth stilled to a quiet and soft exsistance, I held Shane in my shaking arms, feeling as if every ounce of energy I had left had been drained out of my body, already weakened from the few days past.

 

 

“Baby,” Shane whispered softly, conserned. “You’re shivering.”

 

 

“I know…” I couldn’t help smiling. “You take a lot out of me.”

 

 

She arched her neck and kissed my swollen lips as though they were candy. “I love you.”

 

 

She snuggled up into my chest and I smiled, holding her close. “I love you, too, Shane.”



© 2010 Mary Something--Or--Other


Author's Note

Mary Something--Or--Other
Personally, I think I did a much better job with this scene in his POV, but could you tell me how I did anyway, please? Thankiez! xDDD :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on January 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2010


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing