My Girl? A Murderer? Oh, That's Silly...

My Girl? A Murderer? Oh, That's Silly...

A Chapter by Mary Something--Or--Other

I let him go very gently. He looked up at me—as I was a few inches taller—with pleading, sorry eyes and a mouth agape. “Calvin… I was in so much pain. I know that you can fathom how much pain I was really in, Cal; you’ve felt it too. I wasn’t thinking strait and Shane just wanted to make me feel better.” I still said nothing, just peered down at him blankly. “She even told me before they took her that she’d tasted you. I’m sorry, but don’t blame her. She loves you with every ounce of her being and—”

 

 

He was speaking so fast now. “Wait,” I told him and her shut up. “Took her? Took her where, where is she?”

 

 

He looked confused. “I thought you knew. The only way we could get the antidote for Abby’s curse was to ask Shane’s brother for it. He agreed and did give it to us, but as the freaking High King he decided to seize his change and had Shane arrested.”

 

 

My head spun. “What…?”

 

 

“She’s a convicted felon, Cal. She thought she could trust her own brother but that son-of-a-b***h is just as messed up as Abigail.” He must have seen my look. “She’s gone, Cal…”

 

 

I’d stopped breathing many sentences ago. I didn’t care anymore. I felt my entire being let go as my fingers and hands began to change first, then my arms, then my chest, and so on. My smooth, black skin and long white fangs emerged, as did my long black pointed eyes and strange eyes. Just before the transformation was finished and I still had my ability to talk, my claw latched onto Roux’s collar and lifted him a good foot off the ground so that we were eye to eye. “Where—is—Shane?”

 

 

He told me where to find her. I flew over the bright lights of the city nightlife until I could no longer see the twinkling radiance of the city below me. Swooping down I found the place that I was looking for.

 

 

The penitentiary was placed in the absolute middle of nowhere, the sharp fence a mile high to keep the evil it kept inside. The evil they considered Shane to be. Shane was as much a murderous criminal as I was a saint, and the whole world knew it. In reality she was a hero, having rid the world of a terrible evil after terrible evil and putting more felons behind bars then the State Guard ever did. But none of that mattered to her twisted family.

 

 

I made it into the back lot without detection, but what would be more difficult for me now was getting in, and then finally locating my Shane. I stalked around and peeked past a corner to find only a single guard at the back door. Acting on instinct alone I spun around the corner and shoved my claw right through his stomach without even thinking. Removing my bloody extremity I examined it for a moment and thought.

 

 

It’s been so long since my last real meal…

 

 

I looked down at the fat, dead State Guardsman and felt my fangs tremble with excitement.

 

 

Eating would take to long, I concluded. I have to find her!

 

 

I slipped into the hallway undetected, keeping my great wings in close to my body so they wouldn’t scrape against the walls and create noise.

 

 

The fortress was vast. How am I ever going to find her in here?

 

 

“You mother f%cking morons! I’ll get out of here, and when I do, you son’s of b*tches will beg God to send you to hell because the sh$t I’m gonna do is a bagillion times worse than anything the devil could feed you Government wh@res!”

 

 

Oh! That’s how.

 

 

I fallowed her screams and rants to a far and dark, isolated hallway. I looked at her from around the corner. She looked perfectly fine except for the fact that she was locked in a five by five cell.

 

 

She’s so beautiful! How I’d missed her touch…



© 2009 Mary Something--Or--Other


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have the wrong kind of straight silly goose. you have strait, it's straight

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 2, 2009


Author

Mary Something--Or--Other
Mary Something--Or--Other

Saginaw, MI



About
I am in my writing. Find out from there... :) This is so me it's amost scary... Lets101 Quizzes - Fun Quiz You Should Be a Science Fiction Writer Your idea.. more..

Writing