Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Six

     It was Thanksgiving evening and President Wolfe’s thumbs were tapping on the screen of his cell phone. Lena glared at him from across the dining room table. Ronald snorted and continued typing statements with his thumbs.

     “Don’t you think that you caused enough trouble?” Lena grumbled.

     Ronald shot a cold glance at her. “I can do whatever I want.”

     He looked at his phone and resumed typing online. Ronald seemed more agitated as he typed angrily. Lena stood from her seat.

     “You should give it a rest,” she told him. “It’s Thanksgiving. What you said today doesn’t help the damage that you have done online.”

     He stood up and raised his fist to her face. She stood defiantly in front of him. Lena’s eyes glared at him daring him to strike.

     “Our country is being threatened by a monster,” he said. “Joowon Yoon broke our deal.”

     “Go ahead and strike, Mr. President,” she said through her teeth. “Maybe I’ll show the world on your precious social media what type of person they voted for.”

     He grinned, “Like they care. Our country has gone so far back in time that they would support a wife beater.”

     Lena smirked at him, “At least I’m showing America the leadership skills that a first lady must convey. You act like a child. I do not spend time playing on the computer and antagonizing world leaders.”

     “You will not talk to me like this!” he grabbed her arms and shook her. Someone began knocking on the door. “Not now!”

     “Mr. President,” said a man at the door. “We are on high alert and your safety is at risk.”

     Ronald opened the door where a secret service agent stood, “They are just trying to scare us.”

   The agent shook his head, “I’m afraid not. Someone hacked into our database. We also received notification that there was a disturbance with the satellite signals. This happened a couple of hours ago.”

     “What does that have to do with anything?” asked Ronald.

     “This disturbance made it difficult for anyone to watch television or contact emergency responders,” he said. “This happened during your speech. It took about an hour to locate the source.”

     “What was the source?” Wolfe asked.

     “The source was North Korea, sir,” said the agent.

     Wolfe snorted, “They don’t have that kind of technology. Intelligence stated that there was a slim chance North Korea could do anything.”

     Lena stepped in front of him, “Maybe if you were paying attention and wasn’t messing around online you would have understood that there is a possibility.”

     “There is a suspicious activity that is causing concern,” the agent said. “We need to get moving.”

     “We’ve got defense and money,” Ronald argued.

     “More reason for them to make it all fail,” said the agent.

     “They still won’t be able to touch me,” said Ronald as he followed the agent into hiding.



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on October 28, 2021
Last Updated on October 28, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer