Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Twenty - Five

     Sky held the bear that was given to her. Her friends all stared at her from the carriers that engulfed the little boat that she was on. Another ship had arrived at the unusual scene.

     The teens gasped and all headed for the cannons and fighter jets. The ship that approached them appeared to be another carrier. Sky held her hand up and shook her head. They watched and remained ready for any battle.

     A couple of people from the new ship boarded the carrier. Sky was uncertain about if they were a threat. The couple walked up to her and smiled.

     “Hello, my name is Dr. Misha Povivick,” said the woman. “This is Boris Povivick.”

     Sky accepted Misha’s handshake, “I’m Sky.”

     Misha’s smile grew bigger and she glanced at the children on the carrier next to them, “How many children are on board? Why are you in the middle of the ocean?”

     “There are thousands of us,” Sky tried to figure that out, but she was never sure. “We were on our way to America.”

     “Were?” she inquired. Misha and her colleague glanced at each other with concern.

     “Where are you from?” Boris asked.

     “We are from the great republic of North Korea,” she replied.

     “North Korea is in ruins,” said Misha. “Nobody has found any survivors.” Sky sighed and smiled at the news. “Did you survive the attack? I didn’t know that anyone lived through that. Did America attack your country? Was it South Korea?”

     Sky shook her head, “We carried out the attack on North Korea.”

     “What?” Misha was taken aback. “Why would you attack your own country?”

     “Because they attacked America and cloned us from American DNA,” Sky said as the doctor’s eyes grew big. “They were sending us to attack America where they got our DNA. Many of us are sick and our doctor who cloned us was killed.”

     “I don’t understand any of this. They cloned you?” Boris was stunned.

     “We were created and trained for combat,” she explained. “That was all that we were destined to be. They didn’t care about us. All they raised us on was to fight in wars. All of us hated them. We don’t know why. They sickened so much that they had to die.”

     “Who decided on attacking North Korea?” Misha asked.

     “We planned the attack,” she said.

     The doctors were still shocked. They were unsure what to tell anyone. They were unsure what to tell the military advisor who had come along with them.

     They were not even sure who would all become involved. Could an entire population of teenagers be charged with a war crime? They didn’t even know if it was actually another country that put the teens up to this. They didn’t even know if the children had a home to go to.

     Should the world even know what they found out what happened to North Korea? It could have been a joke, but where did children get the carriers? They didn't know what would happen next to these teenagers.

     “Where did you plan on going after bombing your country?” asked Misha. “You can’t stay out here forever. What do you think would have happened if another country found you? They probably would have attacked you.”

     “We were planning on going to America,” Sky repeated. “I don’t think that we thought that far.”

     “They would have been suspicious,” said Boris. “If they saw this many carriers they would have attacked you.”

     Sky nodded, “We are doing fine out here.”

     “Other countries who might find you may be suspicious of your intentions,” said Boris. “These are carriers with weapons and jets. Russia is alarmed and that was why we were sent.”

     “What are we supposed to do then?” asked Sky.

     The captain of the boat approached them, “So, what is going on?”

     “She said that they are from North Korea,” said Boris.

     The captain looked shocked. Boris and Misha both nodded silently. The captain thought for a moment.

     “This cannot be good,” he said. “She doesn’t even look Korean. None of these children look like they are Asian.”

     Boris went and retrieved the military advisor. The advisor approached Sky. He looked stoic. Boris spoke into his ear and told him what Sky said.

     “They are clones from North Korea?” he whispered. The doctors nodded. “How do we know that they are not from somewhere else?”

     “Why should we doubt this? There are thousands of teenagers on a fleet of carriers,” asked Boris.

     “The attack was almost a month ago,” Misha pointed out. “They haven’t returned home. I don’t believe that they have a home to return to if they bombed their own country.”

     “We don’t even know if Wolfe may have been dumb enough to send children to fight a lunatic,” said the advisor. “Good point, though. I doubt that our leader wants us to stay out here for long. We need to return home.”

     “What do you think will happen?” asked Boris.

     “Is there anyone on these carriers who can come back with us?” he asked.

     “Is there someone on board who can come with us to Russia?” Misha asked Sky.

     “I can come,” Sky said after a thought. “Hawk might be able to. If what you are saying is true, we can’t stay over here.”

     Misha looked at the advisor, “She said that she could. I think that the carriers probably can’t stay here. This may alarm anyone else who discovers them.”

     The advisor stood in thought for a moment, “I still feel doubtful. It might be a trap. How do we know that we are not looking at a Trojan horse?”

     Misha raised her eyebrow, “From whom?”

     “I will have to notify President Luskin,” he said. “These children may end up under tight surveillance.”

     Misha looked at Sky, “Because of the situation all of you can come, but you will be watched.”

     Sky sighed with relief, “Of course. I need to tell them.”

     Sky boarded her carrier and found Hawk. He looked a little worried like most of everyone else on board. Sky smiled to assure them that everything was fine.

     “So?” Hawk searched for an answer.

     “We need to follow them to Russia,” said Sky. “We can’t stay here because this might provoke a battle with anyone else who will find us.”

     “We can do fine on our own,” said Hawk.

     Sky pointed at one of their carriers, “See that? Our carriers put our lives at risk. Who knows how many other countries that we will scare. It’s not our intent to fight with anyone.”

     Star approached them, “She’s right. We wanted to avoid fighting anyone that North Korea considered an enemy. We did what we needed to do. They probably are aware of what happened to our homeland and want to know more details.”

     “If their country saw all of us arrive and are aware of what happened to North Korea they might do something to us,” said Hawk.

     Sky rolled her eyes, “If we were such a huge concern there were be more ships out here.”

     Hawk nodded, “We can go, but everyone will be on the lookout for any threats.”

     “They will be watching us as well,” said Sky. “All of you need to refrain from making any suspicious movement. I will be out advisor since they are speaking to me already.”

     Star sent a message to the other carriers. Sky boarded the Russian carrier and communicated the plan to the doctors and advisor. Security clearance was granted and they were off to Russia.



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on November 10, 2021
Last Updated on November 10, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer