Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

A Chapter by Jennifer

Chapter Twenty - Six

     A crowd drew close to the docks as the carriers approached the shores of Russia. News spread quickly that a large group of teens were found on North Korean carriers. People were curious about what the story was since North Korea was bombed.

     The military advisor, Misha, and Sky were greeted by military personnel, curious onlookers, and journalists. They were shocked that there was such a large group of teenagers on a carrier.

     “What can you tell us?” asked one journalist. “Are they a threat?”

     The advisor shook his head and waved the journalist away. He placed his fingertips on Sky’s shoulder and led her to Luskin. He was just as surprised to see her as anyone else.

     “What is your name?” asked Luskin. Sky looked at Misha. “Does she speak any other languages?”

     “Do you speak any other languages, Sky?” asked Misha.

     “No,” she said. “None of us can.”

     Misha looked at Luskin, “I’m afraid that none of them can. Her name is Sky. She stated that they are clones.”

     Luskin sighed with skepticism, “Where are they from again?”

     “They are from North Korea,” she said. “She claims that North Korea created them with American DNA to fight against America. When they sent them to attack America the teens rebelled.”

     “Mutiny from children?” he raised an eyebrow. “When did they send these children off to war?”

     “How long ago did this happen?” asked Misha.

     Sky thought for a moment, “They sent us around November.”

     Misha told Luskin. He sat back in his chair. He stared at Sky in silence. Sky stood patiently waiting for any further questions.

     “I think a further investigation is needed,” he said. “What if South Korea bombed them?” He was silent for another moment. “Can they show us their base?”

     “Can you show us your base?” Misha asked her.

     “Yes, we can show you,” said Sky. “I’m not sure what is left since we bombed it. The base was actually our school and home. There was a lab in there that we were created in.”

     Luskin looked at his advisor, “Can you please investigate?”

     The advisor nodded, “Is she coming or are they sending someone else?”

     “The advisor wishes to come see where you are from. Who can go with him?” asked Misha.

     “Hawk and Star can go,” said Sky. “Star was the one who discovered that we were cloned and Hawk was the one who made the plan to attack.”

     Misha nodded, “There are two people who can lead us to their base. There is one named Star who discovered that they were cloned and another named Hawk who created a plan to attack. She said that the base was their home and school.”

     “I honestly don’t believe that they had the funds to create clones. They didn’t even take care of their soldiers,” Luskin pointed out.

     “These children are sick,” Misha mentioned. “Not to mention the fact that North Korea was underestimated before they dropped nuclear bombs on America.”

     Luskin nodded and looked at Sky thoughtfully. He saw that she clutched the stuffed animal that was given to her. Misha began to feel concerned for the sick children on the carriers.

     “We are uncertain how many teenagers are on the carriers or how many are sick,” she continued. “Do you mind if I ask if we will be able to care for them? Or will we be able to give them a home?”     

     “We have a couple of bases no longer in use, sir,” said the advisor.

     Luskin had a plan. “Let’s investigate the situation. In the meantime, we will provide a home for these young troops in our vacant bases. Boris and Misha must do a head count and see who needs medical care. Please collect any information that gives us an idea about their upbringing.”

     “After that what will happen if we find out that they are clones?” asked the advisor.

     “We will see what direction this takes us,” he replied. “At some point we will get the press involved. If they really are from American DNA someone from America might recognize them. After that we will take it from there.”



© 2021 Jennifer


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on November 10, 2021
Last Updated on November 10, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer