Darknight POV (again)

Darknight POV (again)

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)

[Darknight P.O.V. detected]


Out of the blue, the officials all stopped fighting. It was gradual, probably over a radio, but the order went out for an immediate retreat for S.W.O.R.D. The rebellion cheered, and we chased the officials as they ran for the headquarters. Finally, the chase subsided and Darkling and I met at the back of the group. Dove came in behind us.

“Hey, have either of you seen the Dirthawkers or Jay?” Dove asked, obviously concerned.

“Yeah, I thought I saw them go around that corner…” I replied, pointing. The three of us looked around to see if anyone was watching, then we snuck around the corner.

“Oh no…” Darkling picked up a brick from the ground. We looked ahead. The wall had been bashed through, and there was a dent in the next wall in. But the room was empty.

“Peri? Jay? 12? Spar?” I called. “Are you there?”

“BOO!” A voice shouted, and Peri leaped out from behind the wall. We all jumped. “Gotcha,” she laughed. I noticed red marks on her neck, but she didn’t mention anything, so I don’t either. I don’t want to seem over-protective.

“Where is--” Darkling was interrupted by the rest of the Dirthawkers, as well as Jay, stepping out from behind the wall. “Nevermind.”

Jay jumps at Darkling and knocks him over. “What the--” he exclaims, surprised. She laughs, then helps him up off the ground. Dove walks over to Peri. Then, just as unexpectedly, he punches her-- hard-- in the shoulder. She rubs her shoulder, smiling slightly.

“Ow,” she complains jokingly. Max (or, Agent 12) shoves Dove playfully.

“I won,” Peri brags.

“Won… what exactly?” I ask, confused.

“Oh, nothing,” she says, rubbing her shoulder again. “Just a battle with… oh, I dunno… the S.W.O.R.D leader.”

“Oh,” I say. “Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?”

“He grabbed her by the neck and she broke his arms, long story short,” Wilson says out of the blue.

“Again, WHAT?!?!? Also, HOW ARE WE UNDERSTANDING YOU LIKE YOU’RE SPEAKING ENGLISH?!?!?!?” I exclaim, frustrated, angry, and confused.

“Non scitis,” Wilson replies. [Don’t know in Latin]

“Yeah right,” I mutter. “Anyway, where is S.W.O.R.D.’s leader? I want to kill him.”

“Don’t kill him,” Peri replies. “He’s pretty harmless now.”

“I don’t care. I still want to kill him. Then I can take over S.W.O.R.D, and then the world! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” I’m joking, and everyone knows it. I think.

“Actually,” Spar corrects, “Either Swift or Agent 12 would have the right to take over S.W.O.R.D. They don’t really have a sketchy track record.”

“DOES IT LOOK LIKE I CARE?” I ask. I don’t know why, but now I have a dark sword in my hand.

Spar beams. “Your face is the color of a tomato right now.”

“I have a hood and a mask on, so how would you know?” I retort, even though he’s probably right. For some reason, I feel like I need to destroy something, so I smash the wall in with my powers.

Agent 12 shakes his head, concealing a smile. “You really need anger management.”

“So I’ve been told.”

“With a PDn,” Peri adds.

“Nope,” I say. I remember the last time I was forced to wear one of those wretched things. Oh, crap. Bad memories. VERY bad memories. I try to force back the memory, but it surges to the front of my mind. I blank out. I hear concerned voices in the background, and the next thing I know I’m disappearing into the shadows of the forest.

[Darknight POV End]



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on November 20, 2017
Last Updated on May 2, 2018

The Coalition Files By Jay_is_Bluefire, Peregrinator7, and Crazy Dragon Lady


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing