Part Three: Chaos [POV Detected: Kylara Arquero, Quiver]

Part Three: Chaos [POV Detected: Kylara Arquero, Quiver]

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)

(Quiver POV detected)

I'm on my midnight run, my nightly tradition of choosing a different path through the overgrown woods outside of the REBEL base. It serves two purposes; to get some cardio, and to learn the terrain of the area. A sudden movement throws off my focus and I skid to a stop, going over to the source to check on it. It's probably only an animal, but it never hurts to be sure.

I pull some branches back and something- or someone-  leaps at me, tackling me and knocking me to the ground. I'm about to fight back when I get a whiff of the person's overwhelming cologne.

“Dude, too much Axe,” I tell him. He chuckles darkly, mouth inches from my ear.

“Only for you,” he replies.

“Get off of me, you big oaf,” I say.

“Oaf?? Oh, really?!” Draike says, tickling my sides until I almost wet myself laughing. Finally, he gets off of me and helps me up, and stands there, holding my hand, staring into my eyes, which I wipe the laughter tears out of.

“Did you get up at midnight for a reason?” I gently bring him back to the present. He shakes his head, clearing it.

“Oh, yeah, umm, about that... “ he trails off, not looking into my eyes. I look at him. He seems nervous. Is something wrong? He tries again. “I know this is really bad timing, but now that we're old enough, and, at least, I'm ready, and I just can't wait any longer-”

“Draike. What do you want to say?” I ask firmly. He slides down onto one knee.

“What I want to say is, will you marry me and make me literally the happiest man on Earth?” I gasp and cover my mouth with one hand, my eyes filling with tears, this time a different kind. He pulls a small black box out of his pocket and opens it. Inside is a beautifully simple ring, a silver band with two gemstones, one black and one green, entwined in an infinite loop.

“Yes,” I gasp, through my happy tears. Draike picks up the ring and slides onto my finger. It fits perfectly. He picks me up around the waist and we spin around in circles, our own happy dance. We walk back to the REBEL base, hand in hand.


(End POV)


(End of Descendants: Chaos)



© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2018

The Coalition Files By Jay_is_Bluefire, Peregrinator7, and Crazy Dragon Lady


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing