Part Three: Chaos [POV Detected: Talon Myrd, Byrd]

Part Three: Chaos [POV Detected: Talon Myrd, Byrd]

A Chapter by Locke Redwyne (night sys)

POV Detected: Byrd

“Watch out!!” I hear Spar call, as a large army of giant-sized ants comes crashing through the tree cover.

“What the hell?!” I shout, surprised. The ants are three times as tall as me!! I use my mechanized jetpack wings to fly above them, trying to size up their numbers. “Q? Do you have any idea whose these are?” I ask, through our coms.

“No, but it looks like someone stole the grow-ray again,” she says. “And don’t call me Q!!” The shrink- and grow- rays are often stolen.

“Great,” I reply. “Now we have to kill giant ants?”

“It looks like it,” Pitch says. “Get crackin’!” I fly above one and land on its back, to see its reaction. The ant doesn’t notice me at all, and I poke it sharply on its back. No response, as if… As if their nerves aren’t responding.

“These things are flying dead,” I call to everybody. “Someone else is calling the shots. We have to find him!”

“What if it’s a her?” Jay asks.

“Or her,” I add, dodging one of the ants’ pincers. “Can anyone else provide a little bit of air support?!” I ask in frustration, being the only one in the air. I hear something zip by me, and the ant I was battling tumbles to the ground. I look around for the source.

“EAT FEATHERS, IDIOT EXOSKELETON!” I hear Peri yell. I laugh and go after one that tries to grab her behind her back. “Thanks,” she says, right before she zooms off to fight more. Just then, I see that the Dirthawkers have arrived, apparently, they were trying to fight off other giant ants before they got to the main battle. I hear a voice in my ear.

“Do we have a head count up there?” Q asks.

“Um... about twenty-two,” I reply. “How many of us are there, again?”

“Twelve, last time I checked.”

“Don’t forget Wilson!!” 12 calls.

“Wilson?” I ask him, confused.

“The griffin!” he shouts, preoccupied with a giant ant.

“Gena??” now I’m really confused, and the attacking ants don’t help. 12 facepalms.

“No!! The other one!!” I just stare at him. He sighs. “Wilson!!” he calls. A large creature with shining armor-like scales and osprey appendages swoops over.

Het jy gebel?” he says.

“What?!”

“He said, you called?” Spar explains.

“Oh... Where did he come from?” Spar and 12 exchange glances and turn to me, with identical expressions on their faces.

“Don’t ask me,” 12 says, shrugging. “He appeared on my doorstep one day.”

“Did the storks bring him?” I ask, cracking a smile, then going and attacking another ant.

“No, it was the peregrine falcons,” Peri calls, and we all laugh. Finally, finally, it appears that we have defeated everybody.

“That was easy,” Cresce comments.

“EASY?? EASY?!! YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS EASY??!! I ALMOST GOT MY (*censored*) CUT OFF!!” Darknight yells at her.

“TMI!!” I call, laughing my guts out.

“Let’s get back to base,” Jay says, and the S.O.S villains fly off in a direction together. The Serephimbian agents silently go after, secretly following them. I go over to the Dirthawkers before they leave.

“So, what’re you guys gonna do?” I ask.

“I dunno, probably, do some more hawking,” 12 replies. “Why?”

“Well, I don’t really feel like hanging around Jay, and my Serephimbian friends are trying to track them back to their base, for fun, to see if they can do it.”

“Don’t you want to find it?” 12 asks.

“I kinda already figured out where it is.”

Peri snorts. “It isn’t that hard to find.”

[POV End]


© 2018 Locke Redwyne (night sys)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on November 21, 2017
Last Updated on August 22, 2018

The Coalition Files By Jay_is_Bluefire, Peregrinator7, and Crazy Dragon Lady


Author

Locke Redwyne (night sys)
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

WA



About
Wow, we haven't used this account in literal years! DID system of 19, idk if we'll be posting here but. I'm so glad to find this archive of our old writing. more..

Writing