Hurt...

Hurt...

A Chapter by Poetress
"

Demetrius calls Reina.

"
Later on that day I made a promise to guard my heart. My father was right in some ways. Demetrius was a playboy and one of New York's most eligible bachelors. Women practically threw themselves at him everyday. I once read in People's magazine that he had mistresses all over the globe. Of course Lorenzo, my older brother, disagreed with what I read telling me not to put too much into what I read. Demetrius and Lorenzo had been friends since as long as I could remember and even then the sight of him did strange things to my insides. Lorenzo was currently out of the country on a business trip to China and I was feeling very vulnerable knowing he was not here. It seemed to me that my father now had an all access pass to abuse me in Lorenzo's absence. I sat on my bed staring at the ceiling when my phone rang. It was none other than Demetrius calling. I was tempted not to answer but in the end I did. "Reina" he said. Even over the phone he had a sexy voice that got my heart racing. "Hi" I replied. Chastising myself for saying something so dumb. "What is wrong?" he asked. It never ceased to amaze me how he could always sense when I was sad. "Nothing is wrong, Demetrius. I am fine" I told him thinking I sounded pretty convincing. "Rein, you were always a horrible liar" he used the nickname he gave to me when I was thirteen. "Demetrius it's nothing" I sighed. "I am tempted to come over there to find out myself you know" he said seriously. He meant every word. "Demetrius nothing is wrong and shouldn't you be in a meeting?" I asked him. "I am" he replied and I could tell he was smiling. "Well I don't want to be a bother" I told him. "You will never be a bother, sweetheart. There was a reason I called though" he told me. "Mother phoned me today. She said I should call you" he said. Gertrude was playing matchmaker but she knew long ago that Reina was deeply in love with her son, Demetrius. Demetrius may not have been rich and successful at the time nor did he have the upbringing Reina and Lorenzo had but he was treated as an equal by both of them even though his parents were only servants at mansion. "Reina are you listening to me?" he asked. "Huh? Um I didn't catch the last part of that" I replied. "I said we cannot go to my club tonight because I will be working late" he told me. Despite what everyone thought Demetrius and Reina weren't a couple. Reina would be glad to have him as a companion in an intimate way but he never showed that he was interested and even though she openly admitted to her father today that she loved this wonderful, caring, drop dead gorgeous man with a Spanish accent that could charm a menacing cobra there was nothing intimate about their relationship. Reina snuck around to meet Demetrius because he took her to his multiple of clubs and she always felt safe when he was around. Demetrius didn't know that Reina's father abused her and she begged and pleaded with both Gertrude and Antonio not to tell him. If he found out he might start looking at her differently and she loved the picture she painted for him of who she was. The smart, sassy, sweet, generous girl who wasn't afraid to stand up to him when he was angry. "It's fine, Demetrius. I wasn't feeling in the mood to go out tonight anyways" I sighed into the phone. "Does this have anything to do with why my mother called me?" he asked. Tears clouded my eyes. "Rein?" he pressed. "I have to go" my voice cracked as I hung up before he could protest. 
"Reina!" Demetrius shouted into the dead receiver. He looked around his board room to see all the members of his executive board staring at him. He shook his head. "Carry on" he told the man who was doing a presentation. 
Demetrius sat in his office after the meeting thinking about Reina. Lord knows he has wanted Reina since she was sixteen. It was sheer torture on his body to have her sleep over at his parent's house when they were younger. His room was right beside of hers. Usually she came over crying and as if his mother knew the reason she would just hug Reina until she stopped crying. Even his own father had a soft spot for Reina and that man was as hard and tough as they come! "Mr. Vassaliadas your four o'clock is here" his personal assistant told him as she came into his office. "I will be right out, Cindy" he told her. She nodded as she closed the door behind her. Reina has been unusually jumpy ever since Lorenzo left for China. Maybe he would give Lorenzo a call and see if he knew anything but he had a meeting to go to. 


© 2012 Poetress


Author's Note

Poetress
Liking the book so far? Don't forget to post your reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on September 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress