Reina Wakes Up

Reina Wakes Up

A Chapter by Poetress

Before he entered a nurse told him. "Mr. Vassaliadas, I must warn you that you might go in there and not recognize Reina. She has suffered a lot of trauma and she is swollen around the face. He nodded and opened the door. Even though the nurse had warned him he wasn't prepared for what he saw! His vibrant ever smiling Reina was so pale she looked dead and she had wires sticking out of her everywhere. It was then Demetrius cried. "None of this would have happened if Cybil hadn't tricked me into almost marrying her" Demetrius said as he held Reina's hand. "I will make it up to you. I promise you that, mi corazon. When this is all over, I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. Te amo desde el fondo de mi corazón" Demetrius said as he kissed her hand. 
Riven was sitting in the waiting room with the rest of the family when Lorenzo appeared. Riven had suspected Demetrius was the father of Reina's babies but he never asked her. "The babies are fine, a bit small but they are healthy" Lorenzo told the family. "What about Reina?" Gertrude asked. "She is in a coma. Demetrius is with her right now" Lorenzo sighed.

Two weeks later, Reina opened her eyes. She was in so much pain and she was having a horrible headache. She tried to look around her surroundings but it hurt too. She made a little sound at the back of her throat. "Reina?" Demetrius called. Tears slipped down Reina's face. "You are awake" Demetrius said as he came to her. "Where am I?" Reina asked but not a sound came out. Demetrius put a straw to her mouth and she drank the water. "What happened?" she managed to whisper. "You had an accident at the mansion. We don't know what happened but you called Lorenzo. He found you unconscious" Demetrius told her.
It was all coming back to her now, everything that happened. Reina's hand fell to her now flat stomach. Her tears started flowing then. Demetrius put his hand over her's. "It's ok, mi corazon. Our children are healthy and safe" he told her. He knew?-Reina asked as she slipped into unconsciousness again.
When Reina awoke the second time she thought she had dreamed seeing Demetrius there because it was Lorenzo there now and not Demetrius. "Was Demetrius here?" Reina whispered. Lorenzo who was reading a book looked up at her. "Hi, Reinabella" he smiled at her. "Hi, big brother" she sighed. "Was Demetrius here?" she asked again. He nodded. "He had to go to his office to clear his entire schedule for the rest of the month and all of January" Lorenzo told her. "Why?" Reina asked. "Because he wants to be with you and the twins" Lorenzo told her. "But his wedding... Cybil..." Reina trailed off. "Long story. When you are better I will tell you. What you need to know is that Demetrius is no longer engaged to that lying b***h. He has been here with you at your bedside from you came out of surgery. Gertrude and I had to force him to leave you to go home and take a shower. He never wanted to leave" Lorenzo told her. Reina looked shocked. "Why?" Reina asked. "Because my naive little sister, Demetrius loves you... desde el fondo de su corazón" Lorenzo told her. 
Reina tried to sit up but the jarring of her ribs kept her from doing so. "He never said" Reina replied. "Demetrius is a man of few words, Reina. He didn't have to say it. His actions said it for him. When the doctor came into the room and told Demetrius that the twins were his and he had to choose between their lives and yours he couldn't make the choice. I had to make it. I told the doctor to save the twins' life because you would never live with yourself knowing you survived and they didn't" Lorenzo told her. She started then. "He did this to you didn't he?" Lorenzo asked. Reina nodded. "I went over there because he called. When I got there we got into an argument and he slapped me and I ran to the door of the study. I was about to run down the stairs when he kicked me from behind. I fell down the stairs" Reina told him as she cried. Lorenzo was so angry he was seeing red! That man, his father, was never getting anywhere near Reina again! "Don't tell him" Reina told Lorenzo. "He is going to find out sometime you know, Reina" Lorenzo told her. She shook her head. Lorenzo sighed. Reina drifted back into sleep. 
When she woke up again Demetrius was holding her head while he slept. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on October 12, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress