His Mistress...

His Mistress...

A Chapter by Poetress

Reina was one complicated woman! -Demetrius thought to himself. He didn't need this right now! At that moment his cellphone rang. "Hello?" he said. "Demetrius! Darling!" the woman on the other end said.
Early in the morning Rein a and Carly woke up and got ready to go to the photoshoot. Reina turned to look at Carly and she gasped. S**t -Reina thought to herself. The slap on the cheek her father had given her yesterday was still noticeable and apparently Carly noticed. Carly had had an abusive father too but he died. That didn't mean Carly didn't know a bruise like that when she saw one. "W-what happened?" she stuttered. I shook my head repeatedly. "Reina-"Leave it be, Carly" I cut her off. I turned to look at her and it seemed like she wanted to cry. "Who did this to you?" she asked. "Carly, leave it alone!" I told her more firm this time. She scowled at me before finally nodding her agreement. I sighed when she did. I looked at the girl staring back at me in the mirror and thought that the bruise wasn't as bad as I thought. A little mascara would do the trick not that Reina cared for such things but she didn't want to answer unwanted questions.
They finally got to the shoot with Reina's bodyguards of course. They had to go everywhere with Reina now, her father had insisted on it. Reina sighed as she waited for the photographer to approach them. When he finally did he was all smiles. "It is an honor to be your photographer Ms. Cortes and Ms. Mendez" he told us. "It's a pleasure to meet you" we both replied. "We won't be keeping you long. This will be over in a jip" he told us.

The photoshoot went well! They got some really great shots of Carly and I. We went to a really fancy restaurant for lunch. 
We were seated when Demetrius came in with none other than New York's next top model Cybil Carter. Carly was the first to spot them. "Maybe we should leave" Carly suggested. "Why should we? It's not like he owns the freaking restaurant" I told her. Her lips thinned. "He does, doesn't he?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed. Demetrius had seen Reina the moment he came in. Cybil had called and told him she was back from her fashionshow in Milan and she wanted to catch up. He was so frustrated with Reina that he thought maybe another woman's company was what he needed. But all Cybil was talking about was herself. "Excuse me. I am going to have a chat with those young ladies over there" Demetrius said as he got up. "I'll come with you" Cybil said. Demetrius had always known that Cybil tended to be clingy. He sighed and nodded. She latched on to his arms as they walked over to Reina and Carly. Reina was laughing at something Carly said when Demetrius and Cybil stopped in front of her table. The laughter abruptly stopped and Demetrius saw different emotions play across Reina's face. "Cybil this is Reina Cortes and her best friend Carly Mendez" Demetrius introduced the ladies. Before Cybil even said a word she scanned both ladies from head to toe. Obviously they weren't on her level of sophistication so Cybil turned her nose up at them. Reina noticed but said nothing. "It's a pleasure to meet you" Reina told Cybil. "It's an honor" Cybil corrected. Anyone having the pleasure of meeting Cybil Carter should consider it an honor at least that's what Cybil thought. Which just proved how self centered she was. Reina instantly thought of Malik who had called while she was at the photoshoot. "You looked stunning in Louis Vuitton's fall fashion show in Milan. I didn't get to come in person but I was kept updated" I gave her a smile. She looked stunned. "Thank you" Cybil said recovering from her momentary shock. Cybil started talking to Demetrius in French. Carly and Reina both knew what they were saying, both knew how to speak French and Demetrius knew it too because he was the one who tutored them! They pretended like they didn't understand what Cybil was telling Demetrius. Reina's phone started ringing. It was Malik calling. "Malik, I am with Carly. I will call you later. Adios" I told him as I hung up. Demetrius was looking at Reina but she couldn't figure out his facial expression. Not that she cared to. Here he was throwing his mistress in her face after what they had shared. It was very awkward being there. Carly could see her friend becoming more and more distant as Demetrius stared at her. "Wow... Look at the time. Reina and I should be going now" Carly offered. Bless your soul, Carly -Reina thought to herself. I nodded in agreement. "It was uh... nice meeting you, Cybil" Carly said. I just smiled. "Adios, bella" Demetrius said in Spanish. "No vuelvas a llamarme. Déjame en paz, Demetrius. No quiero volver a hablar contigo otra vez" Reina whispered the last part. Carly spoke Spanish also and had heard every word Reina said. Before Demetrius could reply Carly paid the bill and led her friend out of the restaurant. "What was that all about?" Cybil asked since she couldn't speak Spanish. "It's nothing, Cybil" Demetrius replied as he led Cybil back to their table. If it were nothing like he just told Cybil why did he feel like someone just ripped his heart out? He had known introducing Cybil to Reina would be a bad idea but he couldn't take his eyes off her as she sat at the other table. Cybil hanging off his arms didn't help matters either. When Reina had given him that one last look before Carly took her away from the restaurant it felt like someone had kicked him in the groin. Reina was so kind and softhearted. You could tell what she was thinking or how she was feeling by just looking into her eyes. Cybil watched Demetrius, he looked as if he was deep in thought. That Reina Cortes might be a little competition but nothing I couldn't handle. Demetrius was mine -Cybil thought to herself. 

"What was he trying to prove?" Carly asked as she looked at her friend's tear stained face. "I'll tell you when I figure it out for myself" I replied as I wiped the stupid tears away. "He couldn't take his eyes off you" Carly said matter-of-factly. "He has Cybil" I replied as my grip on the steering wheel tightened. "Oh come on Reina! That woman doesn't hold a candle to you!" Carly said. I just nodded. "When are you going to realize that you are grade A level hot!" Carly said. I shook my head and sighed. "Well I see it, Demetrius sees it and the entire guy population sees it so why can't you?" she asked. "So another sleepover?" I asked, changing the subject. "We would have to go to my house so I could pick up some more clothes" she told me. "On it" I smiled at her. 


© 2012 Poetress


Author's Note

Poetress
Here is the conversation Reina and Demetrius had in Spanish
Demetrius: Goodbye, beautiful
Reina: Do not call. Leave me alone, Demetrius. I never want to talk to you again
*When Carly told Reina that Cybil "Doesn't hold a candle to her" it means she is no competition. That Reina is really beautiful that Cybil isn't even in her league of beauty.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
Added on October 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress