Lorenzo's Return

Lorenzo's Return

A Chapter by Poetress

When Malik's driver pulled up to the house, Reina and Carly got out after saying goodbye to Malik. Gertrude was at the door before the even knocked. Reina gave her a questioning look. "He thought you might be coming here" Gertrude said referring to Demetrius. "Come in" she told them as she stepped away from the door. Carly knew Gertrude but still it felt kinda awkward being here but Reina needed her. Gertrude grabbed Reina and gave her a hug. "Carly, sweetheart. Go on up to bed. Do you remember where Reina's room is?" Gertrude asked. Carly nodded as she went up the stairs. 
"You seem lost, little one" Gertrude said as she poured Reina some tea. "Your son is driving me crazy!" Reina told her. "He can do that at times" Gertrude replied with a smile. "I told him to never call me again and he should leave me alone" Reina sighed. Gertrude who was in the process of adding sugar to the tea stopped to stare at Reina. Reina nodded. "What did he do?" Gertrude asked. She had hoped that Demetrius would marry Reina because no other woman would give Demetrius the love that Reina obviously has for him. "He introduced me one of his mistress... Cybil Carter" I told her. "Isn't she in Milan?". "So you know her". Reina put her tea down and stared at Gertrude intently. Gertrude nodded. "I do. She is only after his money and the fame that comes with it, Reina". "Is that so?" Reina asked with obvious sarcasm. "I am going to bed, mama. Can you please call my father- Reina looked at the time it wasn't that late. "Tell him I am spending the night over here and that he should send a car for Carly and I in the morning. We want to pick up Lorenzo from the airfield where his private jet will be landing" I told her as I kissed her goodnight. 
Carly was already asleep in one of Reina's pajamas not that Reina minded. She got ready and went to bed also.
Light streamed in from the window. Lorenzo's flight was landing in half an hour. It was just after eleven o'clock. Reina felt beside her but Carly wasn't there. She trotted downstairs to see Carly laughing at something Antonio said. "Good morning" I said as I kissed Antonio on the cheek. "When is Lorenzo's plane landing?" Carly asked. "In half an hour. Plenty of time" I smiled at her knowing she was eager to see him. Reina sat down and Gertrude placed a plate of food in front of her. "Gracias" I told her. She smiled. "Are we going to the mansion to change?" Carly asked. I shook my head. "No. I thought we could get ready from here" I replied. "But I don't have any clothes over here" Carly said timidly. "No worries. You can wear something of mine. Lorenzo will think you're beautiful no matter what you have on" I winked at her and she rolled her eyes. 
We were both ready to go to the airport when the car arrived. "Good morning, Ms. Cortes. Ms. Mendez" the chauffeur said. "Good morning" we both replied. 
Carly and I were at the airfield waiting for Lorenzo's private jet's doors to open. When they finally did and Lorenzo stepped out Reina ran to him. Carly stayed at the car. 
Reina flung her arms around her older brother, thank God Lorenzo was a strong man or else he would have fallen after Reina unexpectedly pounced on him. "Reinabella" he said as he set his sister back on her feet. "Lorenzo! I missed you hermano!" Reina said as tears welled up in her eyes. "I missed you too. Ah ah ah. None of that" Lorenzo said as he wiped Reina's tears away. "Is that Carly at the car?" Lorenzo asked not able to take his eyes off the beautiful woman. Reina nodded. "She wanted to come welcome you home". "Come on! I  want you to tell me all about your trip and how the business deal went!" Reina continued.
When they approached Carly looked at Lorenzo who if not possible had become even more handsome in his absence. She gave him a genuinely shy smile when he approached. "Carly" Lorenzo smiled down at her. "Hi Lorenzo" Carly replied. "It's nice to have you back, Mr. Cortes" the chauffeur told him. "It's nice to be back" Lorenzo replied as they got into the car.


© 2012 Poetress


Author's Note

Poetress
Reinabella is the nickname Lorenzo gave to Reina when she was eight years old.
Hermano means brother :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on October 7, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress