BEFORE the Lavender Charity Ball

BEFORE the Lavender Charity Ball

A Chapter by Poetress

On the day of the Lavender Charity Ball, Reina and Carly had to wake up early to get things in place. They were driving out to go to the boutiques when Reina's phone rang. "Can you get that for me?" Reina asked Carly. She took out the phone and said "It's Demetrius, calling". "Tell him I don't want to talk to him" I told her. "Maybe you should hear him out" Carly told me. "No" I replied as the phone kept ringing. "She doesn't want to talk to you, Demetrius" Carly told him. "This time I won't take no for an answer. Give her the phone, Carly" Demetrius told her. "She- "Damn it Carly! Give Reina the f*****g phone!" Demetrius shouted. He heard her gasp. "What did you say to Carly?" Reina asked obvious anger in her voice. "I will apologize to her later. Right now I want to talk about us" Demetrius said no longer angry. "What us, Demetrius? There isn't an us!" Reina told him. "Reina, sweetheart. Don't be mad at me" Demetrius told her. "Why do you think I am angry with you, Demetrius? It is because of what happened at your parents house? Or is it because the next day you threw your mistress in my face? You figure it out" Reina told him. "Is that it? Reina is that why you are angry, bella?" Demetrius asked. "I have to get things in place for the Charity ball. Goodbye" Reina snapped her phone shut. "Are you alright?" I asked Carly. She nodded. "I-I never heard him raise his voice before. He must really care about you" Carly said as she shuffled in her seat. And I care about him- Reina thought to herself. 
"Reina! Sweetheart!" Kimberly, her friend and boutique owner said. "Hey Kimberly. We need two beautiful gowns for the Lavender Charity Ball tonight" I told her. "I have just the thing!" she beamed as she went in back. Carly and I sat down as Kimberly sought out two gowns for us. She came back minutes later with two of the most beautiful gowns Reina had ever seen! "Nothing but the best!" Kimberly told her. "I chose the blue one for Carly to accentuate her beautiful baby blues and I chose this white one for you because I thought it would fit your curves perfectly!" she told us. "Now go try them on!" she continued. We did just that. When we came back out Kimberly was all but crying. "Beautiful!" she cried. We smiled at her.
After purchasing the gowns, Kimberly sought out the perfect stilettos to go with the gowns and then the perfect accessories.
"Thank you so much for your help, Kimberly!" I told her as I hugged her. She smiled at us. "Nothing but the best for my favorite customer" she told me. "Bye, Kimberly" I told her as we left.
After all that we went to the salon. It was after five when everything was finish. Reina had chosen to leave her hair down. Carly had made the stylist pile her hair on the top of her head. I smiled when I came out of the bathroom and saw Carly putting the finishing touches on her dress. "You look gorgeous! You're going to knock Lorenzo's socks off!" I winked.
Gertrude came into the room and smiled at us.  "Linda!" Gertrude screamed in Spanish. "Thank you" we replied.
"Demetrius is going to think you are so beautiful, Reina" Gertrude smiled. At that moment Reina's phone rang. "The limo is downstairs, we are waiting" Lorenzo said over the phone. "We will be right down" I told him as I hung up. I smiled at Carly. "Let's go" I told her. "Have a wonderful night!" Gertrude called after us as we left. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress