Moments of judgment

Moments of judgment

A Chapter by Pax
"

-

"

I watched her like this is the last night I would able to see her body. Tonight, I don’t want to risk anything drastic in our so-called affair. She seems so exhausted and fell asleep after the intense love-making. I can’t blame her. It was damn worth everything to me. Now after that blurry moments of my life, facing reality seems so hard. I wish it didn’t come this way. Things like this is not very good in life. I am not a home wrecker. But I risk it all just to prove my point. To prove to myself what I want and it’s time to do the next step.

 

I scoop her from the couch. And whoa! She really did lose a ton of weight. She felt light in my arms. What happened to you Less? It’s over a month now and to see you like this makes me worried. Our friendship becomes a little lost since the drama went on last few months ago. You distance yourself between me and my brother. You never said anything and never did support any of us. You just stayed your ground. I was a fool not to notice the changes but you still came to me in Rio when I needed you. At that time I wish it lasted but it never did. Some things are not forever meant they say.

 

As I lay her down the bed, cover her up and watch as she moans then position herself into a comfortable cushion pillow. A tear fell down in her face. Then it hit me as if someone pinch me at the heart. The ache was the same when Cassandra left me and much worst when Lessie left me last month in my apartment totally stunned. I made her cry again. Then I spoke.

 

“I know you’re not asleep. Can we talk?” I said with much careful tone, not wanting to upset her more. She open her eyes as I sat next to her bed and she turn to face me. She brush away her tears then slowly grab my face and kissed me deeply. A brief moment had passed then she finally let go and said:

 

“I wish I could explain everything now, this instant but I need my space. Could you go now, I need my time alone.”

 

After that she turns away from my gaze and sobbing at her pillow. I immediately head towards the living room to pick up my clothes for not wanting to hear her sobs. I can’t bear the pain in seeing her like that. I slip on my faded jeans and as I was about to pick my shirt the front door sprang open. There mr. & mrs. Whitemore stood at the front door, apparently shock in seeing me half naked in the living room. Then Mr. Whiteman spoke in authority.

 

“What are you doing here Bone? I thought your out of the country.”

 

“I am… am.. I just arrived few days ago. I am here to visit Lessie.” I didn’t say anything less than that. Their eyes look really suspicious. Like they know something had happened. Who would not. Seeing a man half naked and their daughter is out of sight, something must up. Then mrs. Whitemore heads towards the bed room and I was about to stop her when mr. Whitemore spoke again.

 

“What are you really doing here Bone? Don’t lie to me, I knew you so well son. You and my daughter are friends since you were young and I treat you like my own. From the moment I saw your eyes earlier I know something was up. I remember the time when I caught you two supporting each other’s lie. So let’s drop the masked and tell me.”

 

Mr. Morris Whitemore looks really old now. I can’t remember the time when I last saw him. Maybe it was last year. His bald now. No trace of hair. His eyes are still the same; gray as ash. My whole life whenever Lessie is in trouble my lies are not as effective because He is always a step ahead of us. It’s hard to lie now; where caught red handed. Nothing to hide with a ton to loose. What will I say? I was speechless for a moment. I sat carefully to the couch and stare blankly to the well carpeted floor.

 

 

“I cried from my last words. I cried from that kissed of pure bliss. I cried because I can’t accept what I truly felt. I cried because I am afraid. I cry and cried because the truth hurts.” ~ Lessie’s thoughts

 

 

 Mrs. Whitemore appeared and Lessie followed wearing a robe. Mrs. Lilie Whitemore is still beautiful despite the old graying hair. Her blue eyes sparkles like the stars. Then she said something that makes our heart skipping a ton of beat. Like a moment of judgment for both of us.

 

“You sit there on the couch Lessie besides Bone. Morris, I’ll handle this matter. And please stop scrutinizing our children. This two are not in a good shape for judgment. They need understanding.” Said Mrs. Whitemore and sited besides her husband while Lessie sit beside me in front of her parents. I felt a little reassured when Mrs. Whitemore spoke again.

 

“Ok, you two. I just have a couple of question. And I want you to tell me honestly.”

 

We both nodded in response.

 

“When did you two start this affair?”

 

We were both tight lip about the matter. No one spoke. Silence was the only reply she got.

 

“From the looks of it. I guess it’s been awhile then.”

 

Then I finally spoke just to defend Lessie. And take all the blame. “It was my fault. I am sorry. What happened is already in the past. This so-called affair happened not so long ago. I guess you could say it was a brief affair. Nothing more, nothing less.” ~ Then she asked again.

 

“When? Is this the time when she ended the engagement last month?”

 

And I said “What did you say? Did I hear you correctly, ended the engagement last month?”

 

Lessie was about to interrupt but I quickly speak up: “You lied to me Less? So this means I have nothing to be worried about.”

 

“Sorry Bone, I’m still not sure what I want. I am having troubles with the company right now and I don’t want you coming in to my life then messing it up; just like what you did now.”

 

“How could I do that? This is what I am thinking about. Sex ruins every friendship! But I don’t regret any of it. And in fact I am too eager to continue this affair.”

 

Lessie stands up and stood up to her stand.

 

“Ha! It’s all clear now, all you wanted is an affair not a serious relationship " a mistress to your bed. To warm and satisfy your every desire. That’s all I am, and all I ever be.”

 

Two angry eyes are staring at me, I felt as if I am a convicted felon. I exhale a big sigh then mrs. Whitemore spoke.

 

“Hey you two have something to work up with. You two need a serious talk so we’ll go ahead and we’ll talk later about this matter. Come now dear, we need to give them space.”

 

Mr. Whitemore was about to protest about this idea but followed her wife anyways and said.

 

“Okay, I’ll let this situation slide this time and it’s very late to talk. We’ll talk tomorrow, both of you.”

 

“But sir, I have an appointment tomorrow and I’ll be busy with my album that is coming out few days from now.”

 

Mr. Whitemore was a bit surprise but manage to talk calmly.

 

“So when are you available? I didn’t know you’ve change your career path. The Music industry earn well this past few years my son, though it’s not really a stable job to hang-on into. Oh well I’ll talk to you as soon as your schedule is free. But you my daughter we’ll have a serious talk tomorrow. Now I knew a bit of what is been distracting you lately. Let’s go hon.”

 

Mrs. Whitemore came closer to us and kissed us both in our forehead, the say.

 

“I’ll see you soon Bone, and you my sweet pie, you’ll join us for dinner tomorrow. Bone your welcome to join if you’re not busy.”

 

“I’ll be glad to if my schedule permits.”

 

The closing of the door broke our silence. Then Lessie spoke.

 

“Please go now Bone. Let’s have a serious talk some other time.”

 

I was too eager to rebuke her words but I decided to let it slip this time and respect her decision. Still my emotions push my body to one final kissed for the night. I grab her immediately so that she can’t escape my advances and proceeded with the kissed that broke her every defenses earlier. A single deep passionate kissed makes you forget everything. As if nothing matters but this moment. But then finally she pushed me back and she runs towards her room. I can’t do much of anything right now. She’s too vulnerable and emotional. I don’t want to take advantage anymore. So I decided to go home…

 

To be continued…



© 2013 Pax


Author's Note

Pax
This time i decided to format it like a book in my own style...

actually i have been working on this for a few months now. I was thinking to do another plot line... but then descided to cancelled it because i can't think of anything or any way possible to do it another way... then i stuck to my gut and post this...hope you like this...

thank you for reading my story...

enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I absolutely LOVE it! frome the tender way he carries her, to the pretend sleep with a tear, to being caught with his pants down (lol!) to the parent trap, hahahaa, then to the stolen good night kiss, poor girl never stood a chance against this guy, lol. Paxie you're awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I am so thankful to you my dear friend... seems like i have been working on this chapter alone very .. read more
Corset

10 Years Ago

I am waiting for others to realize a new chapter is up, then I will have to fight for a spot :) well.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

yes, I'll certainly will...



Reviews

"I don't want to take advantage anymore". That is a telling statement. As a guy, I can tell you that Bone is interested in fulfilling his needs which are more primal than Lessies'. She may be a willing participant but she has other needs and wants and is clever. It's much less complicated in the animal world. Our sentience does, at times, tie us into knots which are very hard to untangle, it's probably better to be in Saudi Arabia..............sand is simple

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

oh, Thank you very much Salinger... How could I have missed this...
Saudi Arabia is quite a g.. read more
I thought it was awesome. you confused me because i didn't know it the Italics were your thoughts, yet i kept getting drawn in deeper and felt the words touch me. it became real and passionate, between two people then wham bang she shut you out. Then drove me to the brink of insanity. So very awesome my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

thanks my friend...
Oh, about the italics... i feel comfortable using it... but i never forge.. read more
I absolutely LOVE it! frome the tender way he carries her, to the pretend sleep with a tear, to being caught with his pants down (lol!) to the parent trap, hahahaa, then to the stolen good night kiss, poor girl never stood a chance against this guy, lol. Paxie you're awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pax

10 Years Ago

I am so thankful to you my dear friend... seems like i have been working on this chapter alone very .. read more
Corset

10 Years Ago

I am waiting for others to realize a new chapter is up, then I will have to fight for a spot :) well.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

yes, I'll certainly will...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2013
Last Updated on August 13, 2013


Author

Pax
Pax

CDO - the city of golden friendship, Philippines



About
Dear Visitor Hello there! I am Willyam Pax from the Philippines and now residing here in Saudi Arabia for work. I am not a writer but a sensitive aspiring artist who expresses himself into .. more..

Writing
Never in mine Never in mine

A Poem by Pax


Ocean Ocean

A Poem by Pax