Reaper

Reaper

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Chapter Fourteen

"

14

 

Journal. # 457.

 

I’m back old friend, and the news I bring, isn’t a good one. I don’t know really how to express, but I’ll try. It was while we had gone to Moose Island, the crew that went to little Moose Isle. They had found uncle’s boat capsized. It was caught up in a net, and hopefully they had drifted to Magpie Mountain. Another small island just a ¼ mile south west of little Moose Isle.

From what suppose to be a rescue, now appeared to be a recovery. And my heart, how much it aches, and I had no words for Riana. How do you tell someone to prepare for the worse? I know this would be a devastating blow. To lose not only her husband, but also her father as well. I wasn’t set on telling her, nor face her. I still can’t face her. As she is probably wondering, but I’m sure she heard the news.

When word came back that there was no sign of them on Magpie Mountain. I knew they were gone. But inside, we all refuse the inevitable. I will find them; we will find them alive somewhere. There are a lot islands out there. And the storm could have taken them anywhere. Their life jackets would keep them afloat. But it’s the hypothermia that might have gotten to them.

I worry old friend, not for Riana. But for my own soul, I would be forever tormented. My insides reap havoc. The darker side of me might over shadow the good. I am worried of what I may become. My heart pours with sorrow, and there is no way back. I must reap what I sow. I must go now before I lose it. Till when my pen meets you again old friend.




© 2012 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This makes my heart hurt..x

Posted 12 Years Ago


Remorse and regret.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2012


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear