In The Pit Of Black Death

In The Pit Of Black Death

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Chapter Eighteen

"

18

 

Outside of these journals, it would be another week that the wind made havoc with the water. Two weeks have gone by, and we have yet heard of nothing. And in that time I have written many dark journals. They are far too dark for you to see and hear. It isn’t right for you to see, what goes on in mans head when he is weeping. The back of my throat burns as I tell you this. My heart is in anguish.

 

Should I continue the story? I am not sure if I can handle the loss again. What memories stir, may be my end. The pain within marks its territory again. Tears strike my eyes on instant. The awful visions they saw. Those moments, what I have seen. You maybe… might even not want to envision. These are dark times my friend. Or should I let you see one more journal? But let you be warned, these words may haunt you like they do to me. Are you certain you want to walk this way? What my mind has hidden, even I at times don’t know what shall come forth.

I am blackened with death. I am in a place where no sun has shown for quite sometime, shadows lurk in the dark. Suppressed memories disturb me…

It casts its own shadow.

They are warriors within.

These were some of the thoughts that fill my head. In that time I was lost, a hopeless soul searching for redemption. Can I be saved? Can we find them? Do you have hope as I have lost mine? I look at my hands; they tremble as I hold them out. It is hard to write, difficult to type. Can I go on? I am not sure if I am strong enough to continue.

My gut twists and turns.

It is hard to swallow now. I thirst. Help me… Help me to return to sanity.




© 2012 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very true line, "It isn’t right for you to see, what goes on in mans head when he is weeping." Or a womans. Some things just never need to see the light.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2012


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear