The Valley

The Valley

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Chapter Twenty-Two

"

22

 

There are times in our lives where we suffer and may feel bitter; we feel alone walking through a valley, the valley of shadows, and a valley of death. We feel a dark cloud among us, or within us, we feel though, we are living in darkness. But in this valley, we must know, we are not alone. It is like that poem, “Foot Prints.”

 

I have had a dream during my moments of darkness; where the lord came to me in them. And in that dark time, a light so bright I was afraid. Until I heard him calling my name, it is then I have asked,

“Why lord have you abandon me, when I needed you most.”

The lord answered, “My child… the foot prints you see, are mine. It is I who has carried you through this valley. I have heard your prayers, and it is I who has carried you through your tempest.”

 

I know this feeling of loneliness to well, this feeling of abandonment. This feeling of a raging storm within me, I have been there, I have travelled through this valley, the valley of shadows, the valley of death…

I am almost certain that I will not see the light again, as my storm still wages in my heart, where I have thought I have dealt with it. Yet here I am today still dealing my problems, my past, the ones that haunt me. Chloe had left me alone when I needed her most… my life seems to drifting, how my heart aches as I think of her now…

I wish I could go back and change my destiny; I was a fool to have been running around. I thought I had it made. Look at me now; I’m a drunk that rambles on and on…

What I am left with is, this picture of her and tears strike my eyes as I see her. How it reminds me of the night we first met, thinking that brings a smile upon my face.

Chloe, I’m so sorry.




© 2012 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

My dad chose this verse, it was used in his memorial at his funeral. He died as he lived his life and this verse pretty much described his life.

Your character reminds me of him in this chapter.



Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2012


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear