The Light House

The Light House

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Chapter Nineteen

"

19

 

Journal. # 490.

 

Hello again my friend.

It has been another week now. We have caught a break today; uncle Bill had went out with the pilot and spotted something earlier today. Good news it is, we now know where to go. It was my boat that found him…

We were in the area, and we were closer.

I was terrified to see whom it was, my heart raced with fear.

He had the life jacket and buoys tied to him and he was barely visible, the body was below the water, and the buoys had kept him afloat some. One family can rest now, the other… I’m not so sure about.

Now I must tell you, I haven’t seen a dead body before, other than a funeral. This was rather unpleasant. It was horrific.

It was hard to tell who it was at first. It must be a terrible way to die, drowning, and… and my body had gotten a jolt… I can’t help but think what went through ones head in this storm they were caught in… for Tony and Christian…

It had to be horrendous.

Who is he? You may wonder…

His face… his face was squished in, wrinkled. A sight that was frightening. Puss was seeping out of his eye sockets. I had to lean over board and my stomach couldn’t bare it. He was bloated and the ring on his finger told me…

It was Christian.

My heart sank for Riana and his family when I knew. The guilt tried to take me, but a sense of relief released me. I felt some warmth within my heart and I am glad we found Christian, Riana and his family can now rest.

I know she would be happier if it had been Tony. Her father, my brother, uncle, who is still out there somewhere.

I tell you my friend… God must have forgiven me…

He let me find Christian and my soul can breathe again.

It was like a vessel in a raging storm, I have seen some light within me. I saw the lighthouse… Thank you Lord, thank you for letting me find Christian.

Once again I must leave you my friend, but this time… It’s a blissful one.



© 2012 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Do you know the story of the Arian(sp) sweaters? Each family had a different pattern knit into the wool sweaters. They were used for identifying the bodies of the sailors that died at sea. As beautiful and intricate as the work in some of those sweaters are I always look at them with mixed emotions.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2012


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear