Painted Memories

Painted Memories

A Chapter by lawrence bear
"

Chapter Twenty-Three

"

23

 

Journal. # 493.

Last Entry.

Today I watched as my brother was lowered into the earth. I shed a tear as I say one final good bye. Before he was lowered, I kissed the tips of my fingers and touched his casket. “Good bye my brother, may you rest in peace.”

I watched in silence as Nina and his wife stood crying out loud, I know what they are going through, what turmoil… it feels like hell. I sympathize them.

His presence was a bright one. And still yet, it is. He made you smile, that smile. Will be forever, painted into my memory.

One last hurrah, I will have a beer for you and stand before the waters. Look out onto the lake and empty the bottle into it. “For you my brother,” I will say and I will take shot of mine the same time.

And I will always cherish our last time, that day.

The morning before the last…

Good-bye my brother. Good-bye my friends, my pen, my book.

Or should I say, “Until we meet again somewhere, down this road in life.”



© 2012 lawrence bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fitting

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2012


Author

lawrence bear
lawrence bear

Fisher River, Northern Manitoba, Canada



About
Thank you for visiting my place of work, I hope you enjoy what you read. I do try my best to entertain. My imagination runs wild at times, but I love the freedom. more..

Writing
Recap Recap

A Chapter by lawrence bear


Part Thirty Part Thirty

A Chapter by lawrence bear