Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Zack Black

The longer the Black Widow worked for Ed at the book store, the more fun she had with him. He is an easy to please old man, who didn't mind hard work. He spends most of the day in his back office fixing trinkets and things while the Widow manages the store front. He has grown accustom to calling her Widow because he noticed how much she looks like the Black Widow that Elder Sarah is looking for. The Widow feels bad for lying to Ed, after all he's done for her, but she knows if she told Ed that she indeed was the Black Widow, circumstances would be entirely different. Business in the bookstore has picked up a lot more since the Widow started working there. The Widow sits in her usual spot, the fixed up stool at the counter. The door opens, the bell up top rings.
"Ed's Assorted Books, can I help you find a book today?" says the Widow with a smile on her face.
"Hi, I was just wondering, I heard the other day someone tried to rob you guys?" asks Emily, with Shelly following right behind her.
"I'm sorry are you guys guards?" asks the Widow confused.
"No, but we have a vested interest in it." says Shelly trying to recover. 
"I'm sorry, but I'm under strict orders not to share information with anyone unless they have a warrant." says the Widow.
"What's the commotion out there?" yells Ed from the back room. Ed picks up his cane and leaves his hat on his desk and walks out to the front of the store.
"We were just wondering what you knew about the people who tried to rob your store the other day." asks Emily kindly.
"Well one was a Vampire, the other an Angel I think. Weird to see an Angel act like that. But they claim they were bounty hunters. But my good ole' assistant here took care of them." says Ed smiling and patting Widow on her back.
"Well, we actually know the culprits." says Shelly, looking at Emily.
"There names are Emerald and Matt. We've had a few run ins with them in the past." explains Shelly.
"They wanted a book about Dragons, said they were being hired by some guy with a special interest in them." says the Widow.
"How rude of us, my name is Emily, and this is my friend Shelly." says Emily introducing herself.
"Ed." as he reaches out to shake their hands.
"I go by Widow." says the Widow. 
"Well, I thank you for everything. Now we have to move to our other job." says Shelly.
"May I ask what that is?" asks Ed.
"Were trying to fix things around here." says Emily with a smile.
"Well you can start by getting rid of that tyrant we have out there killing people in the streets." says Ed with a chuckle.
"I know you!" exclaims the Widow, pointing at Shelly.
"You got arrested for speaking up in the square!" says Widow still pointing at Shelly.
"So you guys want her gone?" says Emily with a grin.
"Shhh! Shut the door! Hurry!" says Ed trying to shush everyone and get the door closed as fast as possible.
"We could all be sunk if one guard hears us." says Ed.
"This could really happen?" says the Widow, almost in disbelief.
"Four people isn't what I would call a revolution." says Emily. 
"My grandson and his girlfriend might be willing to help us." says Ed.
"Look this is a serious offense were doing here." says the Widow trying to reason. 
Ed makes a few phone calls privately and rejoins the table. He lays three photographs on the table. The first photo he sets down is a man, twenty-two years old, and his name is Garret. Under his profile lists his specialties. Swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat, and leadership. Next to that picture is a picture of a woman, Amanda, nineteen years old, specializing in archery and the art of persuasion. The third picture is a fifteen year old boy named Lucas, and he specializes in knives, daggers, and extreme speed and stealthiness. 
"This is my grandson Garret, his girlfriend Amanda, and Garret's cousin Lucas." explains Ed pointing to the pictures as he says their names. 
"I have a friend named Elijah, I may be able to call him and pull some strings." says Emily.
"They'll be here in an hour. They're a unit working to overthrow Sarah. They cause a lot of organized crime in the capital to distract her guards so they can break into the prison and free those who were arrested for supporting their cause." says Ed. 
"This is all really crazy Ed. We could all be executed, like that family was." says the Widow referring to her brother, sister and parents.
"You mean your family Widow?" asks Ed, revealing he knows exactly who she is.
"How did you know?" asks the Widow.
"I would never express my opinions about the Elder if I didn't know." explains Ed.
"I'll call Elijah." says Emily, leaving the room to make the phone call.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 4, 2015
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon, psychic, pagan


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black