Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

A Chapter by Zack Black

Raven,Ace,April, Emerald, and Matt arrive in the Capital. Astonished at the disaster that has been caused there. April walks away from the larger group out of the Capital with a blank stare on her face. Ace notices and taps Raven to let her know that he is going to follow her. April just starts walking and doesn’t stop for a few miles. Finally she stops.

“You don’t have to follow me you know. You’ve done enough to protect me.” says April turning around to Ace.

“Not until the day I die is my duty done.” says Ace, coming out from behind a tree.

“Is this the duty you want to burden your children with? Have them put their lives in danger to protect people like me?” asks April starting to emotional.

“It has been a tradition of the Hood’s for hundreds of years. I would be doing nothing if it wasn’t for you.” says Ace.

April turns and keeps walking, almost disgusted with his responses. Ace now walks side by side with April.

“What did you see?” asks Ace.

“What do you mean?” asks April in return.

“You don’t just walk off like that. I know you.” says Ace.

“Reapers. A lot of ‘em. Maybe fifteen?” says April.

“Why so many? Do you know?” asks Ace, leaning against a large boulder.

“They won’t talk to me. I’m not sure why.” says April, looking into the field with Reapers and souls travelling from the Capital’s walls. Ace stares too, even though he can’t see them himself.

Raven,Emerald, and Matt are still sitting inside the Capital. Emerald looks down at her claws, bloodstained from years of bounty hunting. She looks up to see Matt staring at her staring at her talons.

“We don’t have to live this way anymore Em.” says Matt pushing hair from her face.

“We can’t be normal anymore Matthew. You and I both know that.” says Emerald.

“Emerald, we all have a chance to fix ourselves. The business we work in. It allows for that.” says Raven, joining the conversation.

“Look sister, I love you, I truly do. But this doesn’t concern you. Our paths cross from time to time, and I think it’s better that way. Don’t see this as us joining forces. Once you and the girl get back to your friends, Matt and I are out of here.” says Emerald in spite to her sister.

“Emerald, please calm down.” says Matt trying to keep the sisters from trading fists.

“Why don’t you just go then? I think I can lead us back to the Capital from here.” says Raven.

“Why don’t we?” says Emerald, looking to Matt, who just nods and agrees as they storm out of the hiding place.

Raven sits, alone now. Quiet, dark, a room filled with hatred. Just like Raven’s childhood. One tear falls to the hardwood floor from Raven’s eye. She looks at her dirty palms and then looks at the back of her hands, just as dirty. All alone, all over again. No sister, no brother, no father, mother, no friends.

“After everything I’ve done for these worlds and I am still alone.” says Raven out-loud to herself as she observes some of the paintings.

“Raven come quick!” yells April from the doorway.

“What’s wrong?!” yells Raven, hurdling over furniture to get to the door.

“It’s Marsha, and Emily, and Shelly.” says Ace with a smile.

Raven, Ace, and April run as fast as they can to where April saw her family and friends. Finally they make it to a medical tent and they barge inside.

“Marsha!” says Raven with a smile as she walks in, but stops when she realizes it is Marsha that is hurt.

“Marsha.” says Raven again, but in a lower tone.

“What happened?” asks April, holding her mother’s hand.

“It got nasty.” says Shelly.

“Interesting to say the least. We were able to free Marsha fro Sabri’s grasp, but we gave Nathan a helping hand.” says Emily.

“And we lost Garret.” says Shelly looking back at Amanda and Lucas.

“And Ed.” says Emily.

“Where’s Elijah? I told you to have him help you!” says Raven, feeling angry that they wouldn’t use his help.

“Elijah betrayed us. Wherever he is, Nathan’s a*s can’t be too far.” says Emily.

“So, Sarah was bluffing about the Widow too?” asks April.

“Well, no. We were with her for a while. But Nathan made her a deal, that she had no choice but to take.” says Emily, looking down.

“The important thing is, that we're all here to fight back.” says Raven.

“Actually” says Amanda stepping forward.

“I don’t think we’ve met. You are?” asks Raven.

“I’m Amanda, Garret was my boyfriend, this is his cousin Lucas, Ed’s grandson.” says Amanda.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” says Raven.

“Thank you, but Lucas and I aren’t going to be on this adventure anymore. We’ve lost too much already. Ed, now Garret. All we have left is each other. And I can’t lose him like he can’t lose me.” says Amanda, walking out of the medical tent with Lucas holding her hand.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 24, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black