Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Twenty-Three

A Chapter by Zack Black

April,Raven, and Ace sit across a from Emerald and Matt. Hiding. Not knowing who is looking for them, nor why they are looking. Matt looks out a window, that is barely in place still, some of the glass broken, the wooden center is off center. When Matt looks out the window he sees the fire at the Capitol.

“Maybe the son of a b***h did fall.” hopes Matt.

“I hope it doesn’t. I have people in there.” says Raven.

“Knowing the crowd you run with, they probably caused this.” says Emerald.

“Are we going to keep talking and hiding or make a plan?” says Ace changing the subject.

“He’s right. It’s only a matter of time until Snake figures out where we are. And I don’t think a double cross will work twice.” says April, moving up to the old, dirty counter.

“As much as I hate to say it, the girl is right.” says Emerald.

“Does anyone know where we are?” asks Ace.

“Let me take a look.” says Raven, pulling out a map.

“You and your witchcraft sister. For a Demon, you dwell a good bit in the black magical arts. Ever think of making the switch?” asks Emerald with a cackle.

“I’ve picked up a few tricks. You would too if you did more than hunt bounties.” says Raven, taking her necklace from around her neck.

“The pendant at the end of my necklace, when dipped in the blood of a beast can reveal our location on this map.” says Raven.

“It tells you where the beast is. The vikings used this method when they hunted werewolves hundreds of years ago. Get the blood of one on your sword, and you can find the nest.” explains Raven.

“Well who’s blood are we using?” asks Emerald.

“Well the only beast here.” says Raven, looking straight at Emerald.

“What? Oh no!, Hell no!” protests Emerald.

“Just a prick on the finger! Pinky promise.” says Raven, putting her pinky forward.

“Promise?” asks Emerald as she puts her pinky out.

“Yes.” says Raven, grabbing Emerald’s hand and taking a knife across the top of her knuckles.

“Ow! What the hell happened to the pinky swear?!” asks Emerald.

“Are you mad a Demon lied to you?” says Raven dipping the end of the pendant in Emerald’s blood that Raven collected in a cup. The pendant sucks in the blood like a vacuum. Raven releases the pendant, and for a moment it stays suspended in the air, just as how she was holding it.

“Reveal the beast.” says Raven commanding the pendant to show their location.

“Standing right here. Beast is not happy.” says Emerald bandaging up her knuckles.

The pendant puts them in a small fishing village about thirty miles outside of the Capital. They pack up their belongings and head into the town. After about three or four minutes of walking they make it to this small town’s center square. Raven begins looking around suspiciously.

“Yanno, for a fishing village, they seem to be missing some fisherman. And fisherwoman, and little fisherchildren.” says Ace, also looking around.

“What are you idiots doing? Get your hind ends in here!” yells an older black woman from a front porch with her front door open.

“Where is everyone?” asks Ace.

“I can’t say nuttin’ outside these here walls.” says the woman.

“Answer the question.” says Raven, stepping in front of the group.

“All the able bodied people were eatin’ up by the war.” says the woman.

“What war?” asks Raven.

“I aien’t tellin’ you no more outside these walls. They be lookin’ for squallers like me.” says the woman.

“Alright, we’ll come in.” says Raven with a nod to the rest of the group as they start to walk in single file, with the strange woman coming in last, shutting the door behind her.

“Okay, listen up, and listen good.” says the woman.

“Oh, shut it Dorothy.” says Raven with a smile followed by a laugh.

“Raven honey, I was starting to think you didn’t remember me.” says the woman.

“I missed you so much!” says Raven giving Dorothy a big hug.

“How’s Elijah? Please tell me my baby is fine.” asks Dorothy.

“Elijah was fine when i talked to him. It’s been a few days. He’s in the Capital helping to overthrow Sarah.” explains Raven still holding Dorothy’s hands.

“That boy gonna give me a heart attack one day.” says Dorothy laughing.

“I keep track of him when I can. He’s been spending a lot of time on Middle Earth.” says Raven.

“What for? He aien’t got no business down there. Last time I was on Earth, was, well lemme think. Lemme, lemme think now. The president of the ole’ US of A was Kennedy. They called him JFK, I remember him now. Ah, yes a well dressed, and good lookin’ man.” says Dorothy.

“Listen Dorothy on a serious note.” says Raven changing the subject.

“Yeah not to be rude, but where is everyone else?” asks Ace.

“Like I said before, Elder Sarah called for all able bodied people above the age of eighteen to fight in the war. Small towns like this, we got hit first. Guards came and grabbed our people up. Took ‘em away.” says Dorothy with a tear falling down her face.

“Who is this war against?” asks April.

“Haven’t y’all heard? Where have you been a run down shack in the woods?” asks Dorothy.

“Nathan is calling war on the Pagan nation. He wants them to surrender to his rule. He promises if he wins, that he would place someone he can control in power. Some speculate his boyfriend, but I think it’ll be the Black Widow.” explains Dorothy.

“Why’s that?” asks Raven, now confused herself.

“Word is, that Hell was looking for a Necromancer, when Sarah started killing them all. The Necromancer they were using was the Black Widow’s mother. She quit to take care of her family.” explains Dorothy.

“Explains why we’ve seen Nathan around here in the Capitol. He wants the Widow.” says Raven.

“If he takes her by force her powers are no good to him. He can’t force her magic. He’s gonna promise her lots of shiny thangs.” says Dorothy.

“What does he have that she could want?” asks Raven.

“Anywhere from the Necromancer’s mansion to that brand new Capitol he’ll have his hands on.” says Dorothy.

“If Nathan launches an attack, the Capitol stands no chance. I mean you saw what one attack on it did.” says April pointing to the tv showing the destruction in the Capitol.

“I heard all the prisoners were set free.” says Ace.

“The Elder will recruit them. They’re usually the best soldiers, locked away in there they can’t wait for a fight.” explains Dorothy.

Raven picks up her bag and puts it on her back. She looks at Ace and April and nods. Signalling it’s time to go again. Emerald and Matt stand up ready to follow.

“Hey Raven, would ya mind doin’ me a favor?” asks Dorothy.

“Of course Dorothy, I would travel all the lands and all the seas to repay my debts to you.” says Raven holding her hand to her heart.

“Watch over Elijah. I don’t want to see him buried before me. He lives a witchy life, and I know it isn’t safe. But please watch over my baby.” pleads Dorothy.

“Of course, I will try my best. But you and I both know that this world takes turns we cannot expect.” says Raven.

“I have been practicing the art of Black Magic for well over fifty years. I know the toll it takes on your body. I’m beaten and bruised from it. Hell I haven’t cast a spell myself since, well let me think. 1992.” says Dorothy taking a seat again.

“I get that. When I see Elijah, I will send him home.” promises Raven.

“Thank you Raven, yanno, for a Demon, you’re a saint.” says Dorothy with a large grin on her face.

They begin walking again. A group torn by the devilish deeds of Nathan and Elder Sarah. On the brink of a war, two worlds remain empty, except the battlefield, which is beginning to fill and take shape. Demons on one side, Pagans on the other side, both bracing for a bloody battle.

“I’m afraid the Pagan world might disappear again.” says Raven, leading the pack.

“It won’t disappear.” says Emerald from the back.

“Nathan wants control of the souls coming from the Pagan world.” says Matt.

“He doesn’t want to destroy it, he just wants a leader that he can control.” says Raven realizing Nathan’s plot.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on October 7, 2015
Last Updated on October 7, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black