Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

A Chapter by Zack Black

The Widow takes Marsha’s hand. Knowing this is the most important reincarnation she has ever done. If she does this correctly, not only does she help one of her best friends, Shelly, but she proves to the other powerful beings that she is a contender for power as well. She closes her eyes and is taken to another realm. Her physical boy falls to the floor, still holding Marsha’s hand, but the spirit of the Widow stands outside of her body, not seen by those of the living. The large door to the throne room has become a portal to the other realm. She walks through the door. Once she goes through the door she is in a bleak, hallway. The walls are bleach white and people,monsters, and everything you can imagine stand in line. One long single file line. At the end of the line it breaks off into many different kinds of lines, one line for each type of being. Finding Marsha has to be the ultimate goal, being stuck in Sabri’s possession the Widow has no clue when she actually died, or if she’ll even be able to actually save her. She starts at the back of the line and begins working her way forward, person after person. Monster after monster. No avail. She goes up to where the line breaks off into several lines. It looks like a bank. Tellers helping people and monsters crossover to the other side. The Widow runs up to one of the tellers.

“I need your help!” yells the Widow.

“Ma’am you need to wait in line.” says the Teller.

“I don’t have time to wait. This is important!” says the Widow not backing from the counter.

“Everything with you Necromancers is always so important. Never caring for what you’ve already messed up.” says the Teller, still insisting the Widow leave.

“Look” says the Widow before being cut off.

“No you look.” says the Teller.

“You are holding up my line with useless bullshit.” continues the Teller.

“But I.” says the Widow before being cut off again.

“Goodbye Black Widow. Goodbye.” says the Teller annoyed.

The Widow walks away. All she can hear in the background are the Tellers moving traffic between the lines. She can’t help but think. “Where could she be? What if I don’t find her? What if I’m not the Necromancer I thought I was?” Her thoughts are stopped. She almost runs into someone else, someone not in line. Someone living.

“Strange to see another living soul around this neck of the woods.” says the man with a friendly, deep tone to his voice.

“I thought my wife and I were the only ones who still came to Purgatory as a living soul.” continues the man with a smile.

“I’m the Black Widow. The final Necromancer, or so I thought.” says the Widow with a smile, believing she may have met another set of Necromancers.

“We are Native American Talisman Makers. We use the spirits of our ancestors to make Talismans. My wife and I use those Talismans to guide our everyday lives in a world full of monsters, beasts spirits, and mortals are the worst of all.” says the man.

“You aren’t Necromancers?” asks the Widow, crushed.

“No we just come to Purgatory to let people, usually the ignorant mortals where they are. How they got here and where they could go. We use a Talisman, it lets us cross over, just as a Necromancer, but we cannot bring anyone back.” says the man, showing her the Talisman.

“Have you by chance talked to a woman named Marsha? She’s a mortal.  I don’t know if she came today or three weeks ago. Her children, one’s a Pagan, one’s a Psychic.” asks the Widow.

“I do remember speaking to Marsha she came in just yesterday telling me her story. She said something about being possessed. I didn't believe her.” says the man.

“Will you help me find her?” asks the Widow.

“We can try but she was almost to the front of the line yesterday.” says the man, ready to take action.

“You never told me your name.” says the Widow admiring his will to help a stranger.

“Nanuq.” says the man.

“My name is Nanuq. It’s from my home people.” says Nanuq.

“I really like that name. It means something to you.” says the Widow.

“And your name is?” asks Nanuq.

“They call me The Black Widow. I’ve been called the Black Widow so long, I don’t really remember my own name.” says the Widow with a sigh.

“You are the Black Widow? I never thought I would see another Necromancer. We heard that you were all killed off by the Elder in an extermination attempt.” says Nanuq.

“My family avoided the attacks, but we were caught. I was the only one who got away. I watched my family get executed.” says the Widow with a tear rolling down her face.

“Elder Sarah is an evil woman. I’m so sorry to hear about your family.” says Nanuq.

“I can’t wait to see her head fall off.” says the Widow.

The Widow and Nanuq begin traveling through the lines looking at people not finding Marsha. Nanuq sees a door they could try, but it is being guarded by a large man with a stern face.

“I don’t want to kill anyone.” says the Widow.

“Never would I. I have a plan.” says Nanuq taking another talisman from his pocket. Nanuq walks up to the man. The Widow can’t hear their conversation, but she sees Nanuq hand the man a talisman, and he falls down. Nanuq grabs the keys from the man’s belt loop and notions for the Widow to come over.

“A sleep talisman. He’ll wake up in a few hours.” says Nanuq with a smile, unlocking the door. Once they go in, it is like being taken to a whole other world. Green grass, the sun is bright, and people. People. Real living people.

“Where are we?” asks the Widow taking in the sunlight, instead of having to hide in the shadows.

“This is where the souls go, when they don’t know where to put them.” says Nanuq.

“Why would Marsha be here? She was a fabulous woman.” says the Widow.

“She was taken before her life was over, that’s why.” says Nanuq.

Nanuq and the Widow look around the large, park like area. Swings, trees, birds, benches, lots of people. Some children, some middle aged. Even a few older people. Sitting on a swing towards the back of the park, sits a woman with long brown hair, grey in some places, jeans and a nice shirt. As the Widow gets closer she realizes it is Marsha. She starts running and gets closer and starts yelling out Marsha’s name! Nanuq gets just as excited and runs with her. The Widow runs to Marsha and hugs her.

“Marsha! I can’t believe I found you!” says the Widow trying not to cry.

“Are you the Widow? I’ve heard of you, when I was a prisoner in my own body, Sabri would talk about you.” says Marsha.

“We are here to take you home Marsha. Back to your family.” says Nanuq.

“I don’t know if I want to go back.” admits Marsha.

“What do you mean? Your daughters need you.” says the Widow trying to reason with Marsha.

“I love my girls don’t get me wrong, but it’s beautiful here. And all of my worries are gone. My pain, doesn’t exist. I was hoping to see Jonathan again in all honesty.” says Marsha.

“Your late husband?” asks the Widow.

“My husband. I never took off the ring before. Sabri tried to make me. I had just enough willpower to resist it. He hurt my body. He hurt it hard.” says Marsha.
“I know, but  we have to fight back. We can’t just let him win.” says the Widow trying to light a spark in Marsha.

“You know what, you’re right. I taught my babies to not give up. I’ll go.” says Marsha taking The Widow’s hand.

The Widow,Nanuq, and Marsha go back through the park, pass the lines, pass the tellers. The guard that Nanuq silenced still lies sleeping, but he will wake up soon. They make it to the door that the Widow opened. Then Widow realizes, that she now has to say goodbye to Nanuq.

“Nanuq, why don’t you come with me?” asks the Widow.

“My wife and I have a home in New Mexico. We live with our tribe of people. If you and your friends ever need help. We would love to help you. But for now I must return home. To my wife, children, and elders. We will meet again though. Whether it be in my home, or it be here. Hopefully you will be searching for a better reason.” says Nanuq, giving Widow a hug, and she returns the hug.

“Thank you both, so much.” says Marsha.

Marsha and the Widow walk through the door leaving Nanuq behind. The Widow and Marsha find themselves inside the throne room. They can see their physical bodies, but they know the real people can’t see them. The Widow looks at Marsha and notions to go toward their bodies. Marsha investigates the damage done to her body. Her arms and purple from bruises. Her skin is broken. The Widow takes Marsha’s hand, and puts it on her actual body. Marsha’s spirit begins to conform into her own body again. The Widow does the same and her body conforms to it as well.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on September 18, 2015
Last Updated on September 18, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black