Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven

A Chapter by Zack Black

The Widow sits alone, looking out a window. She wears a large, dark blue ball gown. Staying in a glorious mansion in Hell’s countryside, her own solace haunting her. She hears the sound of heels walking through the old wooden floorboards, most likely Nathan, but she could care less if it isn’t one of her friends.

“I told you this humble abode wasn’t so bad.” says Nathan entering the room.

“I want to go home.” says the Widow, not turning from the window.

“What home? You mean the one Sarah burned to the ground and ripped your family from like rusty old nails? Or do you mean the fake home those drifters gave you? Raven had no interest in helping anyone but herself.” says Nathan.

“Big words coming from a man who captured an innocent girl to cheat death for his people.”says the Widow.

“What did you say to me?” says Nathan walking over and yanking her out of her seat by her ponytail. The Widow yells in pain and smacks his hand away.

“Now listen to me.” says Nathan as his eyes turned pitch black like the night.

“You can talk until your tongue falls out. I don’t care what you have to say. I want to go home!” yells the Widow with tears running down her face.

“This is your home!” yells Nathan in her face with his pitch black eyes.

Nathan storms from the room and slams the door. The Widow cringes at every footstep and then again when the door slams. She curls up and holds her knees to her chest and lays on the floor crying.

“Miss Widow?” asks a deep voice from the other side of the room.

“What do you want?” asks the Widow not moving from her spot on the floor.

“It’s me. Nanuq.” says Nanuq entering the room.

“Nanuq!” yells the Widow who gets off the floor and gives him a hug.

“How did you find me?” asks the Widow.

“It was a lot easier than you would think.” says Nanuq with a chuckle.

“But first before we tell stories.” says Nanuq, walking to the door. He then puts a Talisman on the door and a green light covers the door.

“What’s that?” asks the Widow.

“Basically a Demon repellent. Nathan couldn’t get in here if he wanted. “ says Nanuq.

“But how are we getting out?” asks the Widow.

“Did you honestly think I could sneak out Hell’s Necromancer without causing a stir?” says Nanuq.

“And what a stir it would be.” says Nathan opening the door.

“But the door. It had..” says Nanuq being cut off.

“Your Talisman magic is no match for mine. I have more power in my left testicle than you do in your entire village. Now, I’m afraid we’ve yet to meet. My name is Nathan, maybe you’ve heard of me.” says Nathan reaching out for a handshake.

“Nanuq, and you can say it’s been mentioned.” he responds, not reaching for the handshake.

“Now where did you plan to go with my Widow?” asks Nathan, pacing around the room.

“I plan to take her where it is safe.” he responds.

“It’s safe here!” yells Nathan, swinging his arms, making a table flip over without him touching it.

“Stop! Please. I don’t want this.” says the Widow, trying to hide herself in the back corner.

“He doesn’t care what you want.” says Nanuq getting in Nathan’s face.

“You don’t scare me Squanto.” says Nathan, pushing Nanuq back.

“You’ve resorted to name calling have you?” asks Nanuq.

“I’m sorry what did you say Pocahontas?” says Nathan with a chuckle.

“Cheap jokes won’t get you far Satan.” says Nanuq.

“OhAs cute as a devil yes, but Satan himself, is a joke. He was a God for his time being but an awful one at that. Lucifer as I knew him, was a bum and a punk. Christian folk see him as the epitome of evil, but evil see him as the bottom of the barrel.” says Nathan walking a circle around Nanuq, who seems unfazed by the Lord of Hell’s story.

“You and your tales don’t phase me Nathan. You are just  a pretty boy who bugged and pleaded your way to power.” says Nanuq.

“Alexander, does he approve of the things you do?” says the Widow speaking up about Nathan’s boyfriend.

“Shut your mouth you w***e.” says Nathan.

“What Nathan? You can destroy people’s lives but when someone mentions your life, you back down.” says Nanuq.

“Nanuq, I can make your world. All you have to do is leave without the girl.” says Nathan changing the subject.

“I don’t want your blood money.” says Nanuq.

“How about your village? What if I give your children the chance to leave? Not have the live the life you and your wife do. Your children could live normal lives.” says Nathan.

“What do you mean?” asks Nanuq.

“Nanuq, what are you doing?” asks the Widow with her makeup dried to her face from her crying earlier.

“I’ll pay for your children to go to schooling off the reservation, boarding school, college, hell, I would even pay for a wedding or two.” says Nathan, looking sincere for the first time.

“A deal with a Demon. All this for a girl.” says Nanuq.

“You can’t win, just take the deal and leave.” says Nathan.

“I’ll leave. But I don’t want your money. I’ll leave the girl. But I will be back, with more of us. And she will come with us. Sooner, rather than later.” says Nanuq, walking out of the door past Nathan bumping his shoulder as he passes.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on December 28, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black