Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

A Chapter by Zack Black

Ed sits in his bookshop watching the events transpire in the Capital on his old television. He could not be any more thrilled about the success of his plan to overthrow the oppressive Elder Sarah and her witchy ways. Suddenly the door to the shop opens, the bell on top of the door rings. Ed is alarmed because of how late it is.
"I'm sorry, but were closed and the city is in distress. The guards have enforced curfew tonight. You should be home." says Ed, to the dark figure standing in his doorway.
"Stop your rambling old man." says Nathan as he emerges from the doorway revealing himself as the dark figure.
"You are you?" asks Ed.
"My people call me God." says Nathan as his eyes turn a deep, gruesome black.
"Nathan!" exclaims Ed, getting off of his stool. 
"Bingo!" says Nathan with a cackle to it.
"What do you want?" asks Ed in utter terror.
"What I want is simple. The Black Widow. Not for any use but for the recreation of my people." says Nathan walking in and taking a seat at the counter opposite from Ed.
"I have hopes the Widow will become the Elder, once we get rid of Sarah." says Ed.
"Look, I get it, Sarah is a b***h. I'll be the first one to tell you that. And I would also love to see her head on a pike for lying to me about the Widow, but things don't always go the way we want it, now do they?" asks Nathan.
"I don't understand what you want from me." says Ed with a look of terror. 
"I want one less person in my way of having the Widow all for myself." says Nathan, standing from the stool.
Ed, also rises from the stool and grabs a blade, a demon blade that someone many years ago had given him, and he keeps it hidden. A blade used by Demons to kill Angels or Demons. Ed's plan was to kill Nathan, before Nathan could kill Ed. Nathan stands at the counter, unaware of Ed's blade. Ed leaps his old, heavy set body across the counter and puts the blade in Nathan's chest. The blade doesn't even hurt Nathan. He doesn't flinch or wince. His body doesn't turn another color, like Angels and Demons usually do. Nathan grabs Ed's body and drags it to his side of the counter and drops him on the floor. He takes the blade out of his body and puts it in a sheath on his belt loop. 
"Get up." says Nathan, who kicks Ed in the gut as he is on all fours. 
"You dirty, son of a b***h." says Ed as he rolls over in pain and gets to one knee. 
"You are an old, bloated, worn out, magic act." says Nathan, now irritated at Ed for his attempt to end his life.
"You think a butter knife could hurt, me? A God? Ha! Ha! Ha!" continues Nathan.

Nathan allows the old, feeble Ed to stand up. Ed leans against the wall to hold him up. Nathan sticks out his arm, and shows Ed his palm.

“It’s funny the things you can grab, without touching them.” says Nathan as he starts to close his palm.

“My head. Stop please.” cries Ed in pain as his brain is being squashed together by Nathan.

“Goodbye Ed.” says Nathan as he closes his palm tightly and quickly.

Ed’s brain is squished inside his head as soon as Nathan closes his hand. Ed’s now lifeless body slides on the wall, and when his knees hit the floor he falls face flat onto the floor.

“Goodbye old man.” says Nathan as he walks out of the bookstore.

As Nathan leaves the bookstore one of his Demons greets him outside.

“My lord, I have word that Elder Sarah has the Widow, along with Sabri and Aldemar in her castle.” says the Demon.

“Thank you. You may rest for the night.” says Nathan, walking past the Demon. Nathan walks down the street, now lit up by the fire of the town square.

Shelly,Garret,Amanda,Lucas, Emily,and the Widow make it to the castle ready to meet Elijah, but they realize something must have gone wrong for him to not be in his post. So they went ahead without him, not knowing he is already inside. They go down the deep, narrow hallways, checking every room high and low in search of Elijah and the Elder. Finally Emily points out a large gaping room, with a sign above it. “The Throne Room.” In large, fancily written, bold letters. They decide to go in.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on September 13, 2015
Last Updated on September 16, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black