Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Zack Black

Ace,Raven,April, Emerald and Matt make it back to a safe place. Away from Sabri, away from Snake, and away from the Capital. They find an old, abandoned cabin on their way, Raven’s survival instincts told her that even if something was in the cabin, they could fight it off better than they could Snake. Raven goes in first to make sure it’s clear. She gives the thumbs up that the cabin is clear. Everyone else goes in, somewhat timidly, but they went in. April and Ace clear off the table in what they think is supposed to be a kitchen. April,Raven,Ace, and Matt each grab a chair and sit down, Emerald plops up on the counter since there were only four chairs.

“What the hell happened back there?” asks Raven to Emerald and Matt.

“We saved your a*s.” says Emerald.

“I think what she’s trying to say is, we realize that Sabri is not the best boss to be working for.” says Matt trying to calm the tension between the sisters.

“Sabri is using Marsha’s body as a vessel. We have no idea how to stop him from doing it.” says Matt.

“He is using my mother as a vessel?!” yells April with so much rage you can almost hear the fire that is burning in her mind.

“Yea, he told us he plans to use it until he can find a different vessel. One that could truly hold his powers.” explains Emerald.

“Why would he use a human? He knows they can’t support the type of juice he brings to the table.” asks Raven.

“To try and trick a Psychic out of hiding. He knew I would leave Aldemar’s realm for my mom. All he needs is one Psychic to stop Aldemar from using us.” explains April finally putting Sabri’s puzzle together for everyone.

“So where do we go from here?” asks Ace.

“Do we have a choice? We go find that ten-thousand year old bag of dirt and bones, and his freak of nature pet and kill them!” exclaims Emerald.

“It’s a little harder than that. We have to figure out how to kill him first. But for her, a good decapitation will work.” says Raven trying to draw up a plan.

“How can we even get close enough to take her head off? Our magic is barely strong enough to stay alive.” says April trying to make reason of Raven’s plan.

“We put our heads together. Stop being b*****s about this. We fight.” says Emerald.

“If we go in this half-cocked we all end up dead. I don’t know about the life of a bounty hunter, but I have a chance to do something with myself and this world.” says Raven trying to squash the idea of an attack.

“Trying to follow in mom and dad’s footsteps eh?” says Emerald.

“I’m sorry that legacy means something to some of us.” says Raven with spite in her voice.

“Enough, we won’t get anywhere being at each other’s throats all day.” says Matt trying to calm the sisters again.

“I can’t help but laugh.” says April with a chuckle.

“Why’s that?” asks Raven.

“A Psychic,a Demon, a Vampire,an Angel, and a Human all trying to figure out how to stop a ten-thousand year old spirit and his lab monster gone wrong. Sounds like a bad horror movie right?” says April with a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

It still amazes most people how the mind of youth can bend a situation to something pleasant, to something better than it was, no matter the situation.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on September 10, 2015
Last Updated on September 10, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black