Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

A Chapter by Zack Black

The Widow opens her eyes, her own body's eyes. She stands up and faces the room of people staring at her. Shelly is crying, Emily is trying to comfort her. Nathan watches on curiously. Elder Sarah and Aldemar have blank expressions. Garret, has Amanda take Lucas out of the room. Marsha's body sits up and her back arches, her neck snaps back, and finally her eyes open.
"Marsha, are you with us?" asks the Widow.
"I think so." says Marsha in a weak tone, followed by a grunt of pain as she tries to rise to her feet. 
"Don't stress yourself Marsha. Relax." says the Widow, helping keep Marsha up.
"Guys we have a problem." says Emily. As everyone turns to Emily, the bottle she captured Sabri in is shaking, uncontrollably. After a minute of shaking, the bottle shatters in Emily's hand. The green mist flies through the air again as it did before she trapped it in there. The mist swirls by the ceiling for a few seconds before the glass walls of throne room shatter. Everyone ducks and covers their head as the green mist flies out of the room, and out of sight. Emily looks down and notices she has glass lodged into her hand. 
"Why don't the people who have no business here leave?" says Nathan, looking over at Emily,Shelly, and Garret.
"I think that's a fabulous idea." says Elder Sarah.
"So do I." says Emily holding her hand.
"We can't leave yet! exclaims Garret trying to have everyone stay.
"Garret we've won already. Were alive." says Shelly, grabbing his arm.
"I want more than just surviving. This b*****d has taken so much from me already!" yells Garret, still being held back by Shelly.
"Stop!" yells Shelly, as she pushes Garret away and he falls down. 
"Enough, both of you." says Emily, still holding her hand. 
The Widow is holding Marsha up next to her. Emily picks up Garret and looks at Shelly and Garret. They all look back at Nathan,Elijah, the Elder, and Aldemar and walk out of the room, without taking their eyes off of them. Nathan, Aldemar,Elijah, and Elder Sarah remain in the throne room. The Elder rises from her throne and walks to a fully stocked bar.

“Wine anyone?” asks the Elder, pouring herself a glass.

“You Pagans and your fruity drinks.” says Nathan rolling his eyes.

“Let’s talk business Sarah.” says Aldemar.

“What business do I have with a washed up, old, grump like you?” asks Sarah.

“I know the last Psychic is in your Capital. You’ve been spreading false rumors about the Fallen Blades in attempts to keep Raven and April out of your city.” says Aldemar sternly. Elder Sarah drops her glass on the floor, in shock of what she just heard.

“How did you? How did you know?” asks Sarah.

“Elder you may be wise, but I am Aldemar.” he says continuing to taunt the Elder.

“You knew the whole time didn’t you?” asks Elder Sarah.

“Not the whole time, but for a few days. I did my research. The last of the Fallen Blades was killed almost six months ago. And Nathan, can you guess who ordered the execution of the last three Blades?” asks Aldemar.

“Well Aldemar, I’m gonna go ahead and guess my girl Sarah here.” says Nathan pretending to be on a game show.

“You are absolutely right Nathan! And for winning today’s game you win...” says Aldemar now pretending to be a game show host, as the Elder look on annoyed.

“Oh tell me what I win Mr. Barker!” says Nathan alluding to Bob Barker, who hosted the Price is Right a few years back.

“You win…. A brand new hag!” says Aldemar.

“Are you two done?” asks the Elder.

“Look, I’ve talked it over with Aldemar. I promised to leave his Psychics alone and he promised to leave Hell alone, all I have to do is toss your a*s to the curb and find the last Psychic.” says Nathan, no longer pretending or being funny.

“Make me step down huh? Think you’re man enough Nathan? Because I don’t think so.” says the Elder taunting Nathan.

“In two hours the army of Hell will reign onto your Capital and surrounding lands until you surrender and step down. If you step down by morning I’ll spare your life and imprison you.” says Nathan.

“You would never.” says Sarah standing up to Nathan.

“You have a lot of bark, a disgusting smelling bark by the way, but I’m not seeing any bite.” says Nathan walking away from here.

“This isn’t over Nathan!” yells the Elder.

“You’re right! I’ll be back in a few hours to take your kingdom!” yells Nathan as he is leaving the room.

“Nathan wait up!” says Elijah running to catch him.

Aldemar watches curiously as Elijah runs to catch up to Nathan. He looks at the Elder who is now trying to clean the broken glass from the floor and chuckles.

“Your kingdom will fall in a matter of hours and instead of readying an army, you are cleaning house?” asks Aldemar.

“I don’t yet know if I am willing to sacrifice the blood of my people over a Demon with a control issue. Stepping down may be my only chance out of this.” says the Elder.

“Two of my men are dying before me and I can’t doing anything now.” continues the Elder pointing to the two men on the ground, one with a broken neck, the other’s arm torn off, still bleeding out.

“Put them out of their misery. No one deserves to suffer at the wrath of Hell.” says Aldemar.

“My men, you died serving me. With that, I thank you eternally. Maybe one day we'll meet again in the Holy Lands. To the Titans with you.” proclaims the Elder as she drops a sword on the first guards neck, and then second guard's neck.

“My brother Sabri. I know his offer seems enticing. But without his body, the power he promises you is nothing. His body, like mine, is old and weaker than it was.” says Aldemar.

The Elder, now crying from having to kill her own men, drops to one knee. She wipes her tears and rises back to her feet. 
She ignores Aldemar in the room and walks past him.
"Sarah!" yells out Aldemar. trying to regain her attention.
"What Aldemar?" says Sarah in tears.
"I'm here for you. I understand, my brother he is deceiving. He tricked you with fancy promises and grand words." says Aldemar, reaching out his hand for Sarah.
"Thank you Aldemar" says Sarah, ignoring his hand and giving him a hug.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on September 19, 2015
Last Updated on October 7, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black