Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Zack Black

Emerald and Matt approach a large Victorian style mansion. Two large, white pillars stand outside the house. Gargoyles are at every corner of the fence line, two on the front porch, five on the roof. 
"What kind of contract do you expect to get here?" asks Emerald scoping out the place. 
"Hey, a job is a job. Right?" asks Matt.
"I guess but, when a place scares a Vampire, shouldn't that be a sign?" says Emerald with a chuckle.
When they approach the front door of the house, Matt knocks on the door of the house. The door knocker is a bull with a long ring in it's nose. The eyes of the bull turn green and the mouth opens on the bull.
"Enter my great domain." echoes the voice, coming from the bull. 
"Well alright then." says Matt glancing at Emerald as he reaches for the door knob.
"Ladies first." he says opening the door.
"This place is amazing." says Emerald in awe of the fabulous interior design.
"It really is." says Matt walking in after Emerald closing the door behind him.
"You must be here for Master." says a man in a tuxedo with green eyes.
"Uh, yea. We were called about a contract." answers Matt.
"Ah, yes. Take a right down the hallway, and follow that hallway to the very end. He should be in his chambers.
Emerald and Matt follow the butler's directions. They see many different people. Men and women, dressed in suits and casual clothes, even some children. They all had one thing in common. Eyes. All of them had the same eyes. A lit up green color. They all seem to move about in a hurry. 
"I think this is it." says Emerald opening a large double door.
"I think so." says Matt after the doors open, revealing a large, open, courtyard with a throne in the center.
"We're here for the contract." says Emerald walking down the center aisle with Matt following behind her.
"Our name's are Matt and Emerald." says Matt as they approach the woman sitting in the throne, her face still not completely visible.
"Listen, start talking, or we keep walking." says Emerald, stopping in front of the woman.
"I speak when I wish, not when some peasants command me." says the loud echoing voice of Sabri.
"Woah, dude looks like a lady." says Matt, who hears the deep voice coming from the woman's body.
"I am Sabri. The almighty leader of the masses." says Sabri.
"If your so mighty, why use a human's body?" asks Emerald.
"This is merely a vessel until I find my own body." says Sabri.
"Well Sabri, I don't mean what I'm about to say as a backhanded compliment, but." says Matt.
"But what?" says Sabri cutting Matt off.
"That vessel isn't strong enough to hold your power. I mean look at the skin. Some of it is already starting to die." says Matt.
"If that vessel dies with you in it." says Emerald.
"I know! I know! I know!" exclaims Sabri.
"That's why I need you two. I need people to keep Aldemar,Raven, and the Psychics busy, while myself and my slaves look for my body." continues Sabri.
"Well you can't just burn through human bodies like this." says Matt.
"What do you suggest?" asks Sabri.
"Find a Pagan." says Matt.
"A Pagan? Why?" asks Sabri.
"They're perfect vessels. They're bodies don't erode like a Human's, an Angel's, or a Demon's." explains Emerald.
"Really? Great. I'll just put this body back where I found it then." says Sabri with a chuckle.
"What about our pay?" asks Emerald.
"I'll pay you 10,000 coin today. 100,000 when my body is found." says Sabri.
"Just to keep them out of your way?" asks Matt.
"Exactly." says Sabri with a smile.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on May 27, 2015
Last Updated on May 27, 2015
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon, psychic, pagan


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black