Chapter Four: Damned

Chapter Four: Damned

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Morning comes a bit earlier than expected, and Michael comes to a realization

"

He opened his eyes, blinking in the morning sun.  “What…what happened?”  He asked aloud to no one in particular.  How is it morning already?  Michael stood up, aching from whatever had happened the night before.  Scanning the camp, Michael’s gaze slowly crept to one spot and stopped.  A crumpled mass lay not ten feet from where he stood.  He slowly approached it and reached out.  Stomach tied in knots, he turned over the mass of clothing and blood.  Lifeless, glazed eyes stared back at him from the dead man’s face.  Michael dropped the man and emptied his stomach onto the ground next to him. 

Who did this?  And why was I left alive again?  More questions to add to the ones already racing through his head.  Michael touched his wounded shoulder…and found no wound.  Strange.  Didn’t something bite me yesterday?  Michael tried to remember what had happened when he returned to the camp, but all he could think of was the pain he had felt.  He put a hand over his mouth and chin in thought.  There was something wet there.  Michael pulled away his hand only to find it smeared with blood.  Blood!  On his mouth!  What sick trick is happening?  How was there blood on his mouth?  Then he remembered.  He remembered feeling the bones in his body change.  He remembered getting taller and stronger and…hairier.  All that was missing was what happened after he had changed into…into…a beast.  A creature!  The same kind of creature from yesterday!  The realization flooded into him.  I killed these men!  The camp!  The camp is destroyed because I destroyed it!  “Oh God!  Oh God, what have I done?”  Michael wept.  He killed fellow soldiers.  He killed his superiors.  All of the torn down tents and mangled corpses scattering the camp were his doing.  He was a murderer, a sinner, the damned.  Michael would go to Hell for something he didn’t ever remember doing.



© 2010 Trevor


Author's Note

Trevor
This one's a little shorter, but it gets the point across......so I'm okay with it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

meh...moments like this need to gruesome, i figure

Posted 13 Years Ago


gruesome but hey..it's good

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa, Michael is really giving a lot of thought to it, but I would too if I were him, hell, anyone would, after knowing he killed all his comrades and even possible friends, damn, it's just heart breaking and confusing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor