Chapter Sixteen: An Unexpected Supper

Chapter Sixteen: An Unexpected Supper

A Chapter by Trevor

              Michael prayed often in the final days before the moon changed phases.  Most of his prayers were for forgiveness for the things he had done, but many were also for the strength to control his affliction.  He had begun to think positively about the good he could do with the wolf.  He faced the task of controlling the wolf with a renewed vigor. 
              Every day was spent practicing his changes.  Michael could turn into his hybrid form almost immediately when he chose.  He still feared the full moon, though.  Just because he could change any day or night he wished, he was still unsure about the full moon.  Only once had he avoided the change.  The next night, the night he and John had killed William, his fierce focus on the fight had allowed him to keep control of the wolf, but there was no way he could be that focused every time the full moon showed itself.  Sometimes it was hard to believe that the moon could scare something as powerful as a werewolf.  It was hard to believe anything at all could scare a werewolf.
              Another thought that crossed his mind often was the thought of the natives he had killed.  After how he had been living lately, Michael no longer considered them so savage.  He was more barbaric than they could ever be.  Each and every one of them was more of a person than he had become.  He was the inhuman savage now.  The thought tore at him.
              Michael grunted as he ran into the fencepost.  While walking, he had been staring at the ground for so long that he didn't even notice the farm approaching so quickly.  Well, at least this time I know I won't change at night.  Maybe I can get a night or two in a bed with these people.  Michael walked up to the door of the house and knocked.
              The man and woman who lived here were nothing like Maury and Bridget.  This couple, Richard and Frances, were far younger, but the differences went far deeper than that.  When the older couple showed nothing but smiles from the first moment Michael saw them, he noticed the younger people never smiled.  They rarely even spoke to him.  The only conversation at the door was for Michael to explain that he needed a bed for a night or two and would work for it.  Richard only introduced himself and his wife and told Michael the chores he would be required to do.  Rather than show Michael where he would be sleeping, he simply pointed at the barn and said, "might as well start now."
              Michael completed his chores shortly in the barn and around the rest of the farm shortly before dark, never once having set foot in the house.  As he approached the front door, Richard met him.  "Hey, Richard!  All done for the day!  I might just turn in early if that's alright with you!"
              "Alright.  Fran will show you where you'll sleep.  She's right inside."  He motioned for Michael to go inside. 
              Waiting in the house was the stout Fran.  She pointed at a door leading farther into the house.  "Go on through there.  I'll be right behind you."  A small smile tugged at one corner of her mouth.  It seemed a strange sight on her. 
              Michael did as he was told.  On the other side of the door was a room that made Michael wish he had never come here.  The floor and walls were stained -- bloodstained.  Richard shut the door behind the three of them and locked it before producing a large knife from behind his back.  Fran now held a meat cleaver.  "Sorry, dear," she said to Michael, "it's supper time, and we haven't had a visitor in too long.  We need to stock up on food.  You're a little thin, but you'll have to do for tonight!"
              What kind of crazy people are these two?  They EAT people?  Ugh...so much for no more death.  Michael looked at the couple sadly and sighed.  "Folks, I'm sorry too."  He slowly started his change.  "I'm not such easy prey."  The looks on their faces were pure horror as they watched Michael turn into a half-wolf monster in front of their eyes.  They both screamed.
              Silence fell over the farm. 
             


© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Eeeew. That's just sick.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dude, this was totally awesome, I loved this chapter, cannibalism from the young couple and how they were shocked when they saw Michael turn, just pure awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


:O so there's more? im curious.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor