Chapter Seven: Training

Chapter Seven: Training

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Michael learns from the new werewolf, William

"
             The months passed, and Michael was learning more and more each day.  With the help of William, Michael could now change without the presence of the full moon.  However, when the moon was full, he still could not control the transformation of the beast that emerged.  Controlling the wolf without the moon, though, was incredible.  All that power was something Michael had never felt before. 
             Running through the woods with no moon in the sky, Michael could still see everything around him as clear as day.  The feeling was exhilarating.  The wind blew through his fur as he loped on all fours.  His lean muscles rippled with each step. 
             William had been teaching Michael day in and day out.  Every day, every night, every waking hour was dedicated to learning about and practicing transformations.  Michael was beginning to remember bits and pieces of those nights that he could not control.  Those were memories he wished he didn't have, though he knew those were necessary before he could remember everything and finally be able to control himself -- maybe to the point that he didn't even need to turn! 
              Since the last full moon had passed, the pair had been staying in a small town in the eastern Dakota Territory.  The current full moon had begun the night before, and, just as Michael had feared, many people went missing that night.  Michael had begged William to leave and avoid further murders, but William only insisted Michael needed to be surrounded by people to give him the motivation needed to progress in his training. 
               With the second night of no control quickly approaching, Michael was nearing desperation to stop himself from hurting people.  "William!  You need to stop me!  Please!  When I change tonight, I need you to change too and keep me here!  Please, William...do not let me leave here tonight."
                William stoically looked at Michael.  A nearly unnoticeable flash of excitement passed across his face before it became a blank picture once again.  "I'll do my best, Michael, but I really think you'd do much better with controlling yourself if you have the pressure of doing it yourself.  Try tonight.  Try tonight alone, and if it doesn't work then I'll chain you up and watch you tomorrow night."  A wide grin broke across William's face as he held out a hand, "Deal?"
                Michael hesitated before returning the handshake, "Deal...one night."
                One night wasn't very much, Michael thought.  Nothing terrible could happen in one night right?
                Wrong.


© 2010 Trevor


FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

werewolves remind me of twilight BUT this is cool (unlike twilight :P )
I love the last word. 'wrong'. very effective. and ur stories are very well written too. (im no grammar expert but so far I havent spotted any disasters)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, don't worry, Shin...I'll eventually have something about that...but I wanna get the majority of the story outta my head first haha

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whoa, months passed so quickly, though I am curious as to the process on how William begun teaching Micheal into all this Werewolf 101 thing, but I guess it's alright like this, though it is a shame that you didn't write the process, hehe.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor