Chapter Twenty One: One More Sin of a Wolf

Chapter Twenty One: One More Sin of a Wolf

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Michael is found but fears using the wolf during a full moon

"

            Michael and Beth stayed in the town.  This will be the safest place for us.  John will believe I fled town.  I’ve done it every time he’s seen me; why wouldn’t I do it again?  Using money he had picked up at Richard’s house, he rented them a room at the small inn near Beth’s home.  Waiting until Beth went to sleep, Michael left the inn.  He had to fight the wolf’s urge to change when the moon rose, but he succeeded once again.  I won’t allow myself to change.  Not during the moon.  I need to find John, and I need to end this. 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

            The hunting party was split into groups of two to search for Michael.  Two men stayed at Beth’s home; two were sent to search the village itself; John and Mark spent their night searching east of town " the direction Michael seemed so intent on heading; the final two were sent back west to see if the wolf man had backtracked to throw them off.    Shortly after night fell, one group found their prey. 

­­­*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

            In human form, Michael returned to Beth’s house to see gather a few of her belongings before finding John.  As he walked in the front door, he heard a creak from upstairs.  A man appeared at the top of the staircase.  “Ted!”  He called.  “I found him!  Come on!”  The two men raced down the stairs, and Michael bolted out the door and ran north out of town.   Through the woods, the men chased him, shouting the whole way. 

            Fearing what would happen if he used the wolf during the full moon, Michael ran.  He desperately hoped he could escape without the need.  Michael remembered a time that seemed so long ago when he wasn’t hunted just for being alive.  Glancing at the sky, he noticed the moon was hidden behind the clouds.  Maybe with the moon hidden, I can control the change.  No…I can’t risk it.  I must protect Beth!  He ran as fast as his legs could move, as far as they would carry him.  A branch tripped Michael, and he could hear the men closing in.  Michael stood up and saw the moon peer out from behind the clouds.  The men were too close.  He had no choice.  He had to either risk the wolf or die here and now. 

            Slowing as they came up to Michael, the men believed they would avenge their town.  Michael turned his head down from the sky and smiled at the men.  They shouldn’t have chased him during a full moon.  Tomorrow he would pray for forgiveness and mourn their deaths.  Tonight…tonight he would survive.

­­­            Filling with worry, Michael changed, but to his surprise the wolf let him have control.  There was not even a fight from the wolf this time!  The wolf…it’s letting me do this!  It’s letting me kill.  I’m doing what it wants, so it let me go.  I’ve figured out how to control the wolf!  Michael would have shouted in joy if other matters were not as urgent.   Even working together, the two men were no match for the gray wolf.  Michael easily killed the two and used the wolf’s speed to return to town. 

            He went back to Beth’s home once more to gather her things.  By the time he had brought them to the inn, careful to avoid any other eyes searching for him, he had no time to find John.  Instead he laid down next to Beth and slept.  The wolf and his adopted child. 



© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cute!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love the ending. Adorable. + like the others have said, I like how the wolf is kind of controlled, yet at the same time he's still a wolf! great write :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


So sweet, superb chapter, I kinda get it too, the wolf inside him let's him control himself if he's going to do the job he's supposed to, in other words...kill, it's perfectly logic, I wonder how many more chapters until this story ends? It doesn't even look like halfway there in my opinion, I dunno, that's just me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awww, I really like that, "the wolf and his adopted child." I really like that you added her. For this sentence: I’ve figured out how the wolf, I think you mean I've figured out how to control the wolf, or something similar. :) Great chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2010
Last Updated on September 10, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor