Chapter Seventeen: More Horror. More Sins.

Chapter Seventeen: More Horror. More Sins.

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Michael puts his new-found control to the test

"
              Frances had told Michael that they rarely had visitors, so he figured it would be a safe place to stay and practice his changes.  He stayed in the house most of the time, leaving only to hunt and gather food and haul water from the well.  
              The full moon came.  Most mornings Michael woke up next to a tree or bush somewhere around the farm with no dead bodies around him -- much to his relief -- but two nights were different.  Two nights Michael held the change back.  He decided that during the next full moon he would try something slightly different.  He would try to completely control the change.
              Another month passed, and Michael was becoming quite skilled without the influence of the moon.  Full moon high in the sky, Michael fought the wolf back.  The fight was not as difficult as it had been in the past.  Months of hard practice had helped more than he had expected.  Before Michael knew it, the change subsided, and he was free for the night. 
              Michael tried to change on his own.  He turned more slowly than usual.  It was almost as painful as when he first changed.  Change complete, he looked to the sky.  Seeing the full moon high up above, Michael felt something strange.  Oh, no.  He realized, the wolf is fighting me again.  Michael didn't stand a chance this time.  The wolf could not be stopped.  This night was even more different, though, than he knew.  Michael remembered every second of the full moon.
              The gray wolf ran through the night, faster than ever before.  Miles were covered quickly until he came upon a new farm.  A bonfire burned in the pasture and a large family was gathered around it.  Michael shouted in his mind against what he knew would happen, but the wolf paid no attention.  The wolf had only one thought in its head: feed.  He crept closer to the fire, careful to stay in the shadows.
              The wolf finished his work and continued east until sunrise.

              What Michael witnessed that night would haunt him. 
                 


© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, what a nightmare only-it's not a dream.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Now he remembers everything his wolf side does huh, it's even worse, but I'm afraid it's a step he absolutely needs to control himself completely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It would be too gory if I said: "More details about the vivid image which will haunt Michael." Perhaps you could flashback them in your following chapters to show how disturbing it was. Very good. Im curious :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor