Chapter Two: A New Massacre

Chapter Two: A New Massacre

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Michael wakes up in captivity and witnesses a new level of death

"

            The two savages began speaking their strange tongue again.  They were pointing at Michael.  He wished he could understand them.  He wished he knew what they were going to do to him.  One of them nodded to the other and pulled a long-bladed knife from his belt.  Michael began to sweat.  He didn’t deserve this!  He was just doing what his superiors told him to do!  The great soldiers in stories were never in this situation!  Michael never expected to be the kind of soldier people wrote stories about, but he certainly didn’t expect this either!  The savage with the knife stepped closer to him, grabbed his hair and pulled his head back.  The blade felt cold against his throat. 

            Shouts arose outside the tent.  Shouts quickly turned to screams.  Screams turned to silence.  The savage with the knife leaped out of the tent, while his fellow kept guard on Michael.  Outside the tent, the savage began to shout -- his attack, Michael assumed -- but the shout was quickly cut off.  The other savage worriedly looked between Michael and the tent flap, obviously wondering what he should do and what was outside.  With a sigh, he pulled his knife from his belt and put out a hand to move the flap aside.  Halfway out the door, the savage vanished, pulled outside by something.  There was no shout from him.  There were only screams.  Michael trembled as he listened to the sounds of the native dying.  He thought he knew fear when these warriors captured him, but this was something new altogether.  Michael couldn’t move.  He couldn’t speak.  He could only stare at the tent flaps, waiting for the killer outside to come in and finish him.

            A long nose poked into the tent.  It wasn’t human.  The almost dog-like nose sniffed once, then twice.  The rest of the head entered the tent, followed by the entire body.  This…creature looked partially canine but also partially man.  Its head was similar to a dog or a wolf, but it stood on two legs.  It was thin with abnormally long arms and legs.  Thick black fur covered its entire body.  It sniffed Michael for a moment before leveling its face in front of his.  Michael stopped breathing.  The creature sniffed down Michael’s shoulder to his arm, paused, and bit into his flesh.  A scream pierced the air, Michael’s scream.  The dog-man looked at Michael once more, snarled at him, and fled out of the tent.  Michael’s right arm was covered in blood.  He did his best to crawl toward a small ax in the corner (a tomahawk, he had been told back at camp).  Adjusting himself, he slowly used the tomahawk to saw through his bonds.  When the ropes hit the ground, Michael bolted up and ran out of the tent. 

            The scene before him could only be described as carnage.  A massacre had occurred here, one very similar to the one he had helped commit.  This was different though.  He had followed orders to kill savages that could be dangerous, but this beast…this beast had no orders, no law to follow.  The creature killed everyone in the savage camp, except Michael.  He wandered through the slaughter, avoiding severed limbs and trying not to sick up.  He removed his shirt and tied it around his bleeding arm.  The army uniform coat he had been given was missing, probably taken off by the natives.  Michael tried not to look at the tangled heaps of corpses and detached limbs, but that proved impossible.  Wherever he looked, there were more and more people dead.  Why was I spared? Michael thought to himself, and why did it just bite me and leave?   Too many questions did not have answers.  Michael could only return to his camp and hope the creature would not find him again.



© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love love love the description of the werewolf!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh my goodness I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh man, this is getting better and better, I can't stop reading this one, it's that great, really.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 8, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor