Chapter Twenty Two: Mark

Chapter Twenty Two: Mark

A Chapter by Trevor
"

Mark makes plan to dispatch the wolf. Michael wakes up to a surprise.

"

            Before him lay the mangled bodies of the two hunters who were supposed to guard the girl’s house.  John and the others had followed the frantic tracks leading away from the house all the way to where they found the corpses.  At least they did their job and pursued the beast.  John turned to the rest, “Men, these two sacrificed themselves for a chance to avenge our lost loved ones.  We cannot let them die in vain!”  The others raised a yell in agreement.  John pointed at Mark, “You join me.  We have work to do.  The rest of you, go back to town and get shovels.  Return here and bury them.  They deserve a proper burial.” 

­­­­*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

            Mark had been the first man to volunteer for the hunting party John had proposed.  He had far more reason to join the hunt than any of the others �" even John.  The reason was a secret, of course.  It was a secret that no one could ever know.  Seeing the dead bodies of the two men on the ground brought back memories that Mark wished he never had to relive.   He had seen more bodies like these than any of the others would ever see.  He had done things those men couldn’t even imagine.  To end this disaster, he would have to do what he hated one more time.

            He nodded when John pointed at him.  Apparently the man had a specific job for him. Mark would do John’s job, but he’d do his own work too.  Mark had a plan.  First, though, he’d help John with his own plan: a plan that would undoubtedly be bloody and filled with death, a plan that would undoubtedly fail and be the end of most of these men.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

            The room was full of people when Michael woke up.  He threw himself to his feet and stood between the group and Beth.  “Who are you?  What’re you doing here?”

            A tall man in all black with a black ten gallon hat adorning his head was the one who answered.   “We came for you.  We know what you are.”



© 2010 Trevor


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

DUN DUN DUNN!

Posted 13 Years Ago


secret! tell us now or we send the wolf to hunt you down haha :P
How many chapters left? I'm curious now!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmm, intrigue. And I'm very curious about what Mark's secret is. Good chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This chapter at least showed some of the thought of the hunters, well, more like Mark, I wonder what the secret is... hm... I guess I'll find out later, probably something very dark.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2010
Last Updated on September 11, 2010


Author

Trevor
Trevor

Aberdeen, SD



About
I closed my account 2 years ago. Haven't written a word since then. Guess I just figured it was about time to start again...so here's my "about me" 2 years from the last time I wrote this: 25 year.. more..

Writing
The Window The Window

A Story by Trevor


Sequel Sequel

A Poem by Trevor